Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I usually **** all over these videos people post on here, but I thought this was actually pretty good/decently funny.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I usually **** all over these videos people post on here, but I thought this was actually pretty good/decently funny.
THIS! I hate these videos but I actually watched the whole thing so kudos!

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahaha thanks! we avoid taking ourselves too seriously when we do this sort of stuff

THIS! I hate these videos but I actually watched the whole thing so kudos!
haha AMERICA!

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Having owned both, I feel the FRS, a 2 door sports car, is the better weekend car/ second car. Where as the ST, a 4 door family car, is a better DD. I loved the seat better in the frs and the fuel mileage, BUT if it was a choice between the 2 for a trip from Vegas to my brothers house in Georgia by myself, id pick the ST.. if it was a trip up the mountain id pick the FRS

The FRS new shouldnt be over 20-22k OTD. I will own another one but itll be a used one picked up around 10k. It wasnt worth what i was paying for it, and why i got rid of it. It was faster and better in every way over how my ST sit currently, but even if i matched the HP i still dont think the ST would be a better drivers car.. Still id trade in the FRS for the ST again if i went back and was standing at the ford dealership again.. no regrets

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Having owned both, I feel the FRS, a 2 door sports car, is the better weekend car/ second car. Where as the ST, a 4 door family car, is a better DD. I loved the seat better in the frs and the fuel mileage, BUT if it was a choice between the 2 for a trip from Vegas to my brothers house in Georgia by myself, id pick the ST.. if it was a trip up the mountain id pick the FRS

The FRS new shouldnt be over 20-22k OTD. I will own another one but itll be a used one picked up around 10k. It wasnt worth what i was paying for it, and why i got rid of it. It was faster and better in every way over how my ST sit currently, but even if i matched the HP i still dont think the ST would be a better drivers car.. Still id trade in the FRS for the ST again if i went back and was standing at the ford dealership again.. no regrets
Unless you made a mistake there the FRS stock is a turd in a straight line and on a track compared to our cars...lol I'm kinda confused by your response.

That said really liked the video ��

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

to each their own i guess. Ive raced in both the FRS and the ST on the same auto x course. I did a yokohama competition for my business 3 years ago in TRD Spec FRS's, and i just did not enjoy driving them the way they where. They are supremely under powered for the way the car handles. Coming out of a corned i found myself screaming "I need moar powa!!!" I was able to drive and review the 2J Racing supercharged FRS while i was working in Atlanta a few months ago. That is a set up i could get behind. Out of the corner it would pull and pull. When i did the autox in my st and my buddies FRS, i was consistently making better times in my ST. The ability to come out of a corner and go hard in the ST helped tremendously. And i was able to drive home with a set of tires in the hatch of my car, while he couldn't fit a lawn chair in his scion haha. Not to mention fit and finish. I have an ST1, so you know base model ST, he had a base model FRS. His felt like a cheap toyota. The radio system sucked, his bluetooth never works right, and EVERYTHING was hard plastic from a mid 90's corolla haha. but as i said, to each their own. stock to stock, id take the ST over the FRS anytime.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unless you made a mistake there the FRS stock is a turd in a straight line and on a track compared to our cars...lol I'm kinda confused by your response.

haha if only you had typed this about 30 seconds prior i could have skipped my paragraph XD but thanks! Make sure you subscribe ;) and you know, share the video on that FB thing.

·
Registered
350 Posts

No, no mistake at all, The frs responds to boost very well, All 452whp got put down to the ground with 265 mpss.. no FWD wheelspin, so mine was faster then just about any ST ive seen, track or street.

im not talking about a stock car compared to a stock st, im talking about my modified FRS compared to my Modified ST. and just about any other ST.. im sure there may be faster ST's out there then my FRS. but not many. at least not at any track i went to

Reactions: Stealth

·
Registered
350 Posts
to each their own i guess. Ive raced in both the FRS and the ST on the same auto x course. I did a yokohama competition for my business 3 years ago in TRD Spec FRS's, and i just did not enjoy driving them the way they where. They are supremely under powered for the way the car handles. Coming out of a corned i found myself screaming "I need moar powa!!!" I was able to drive and review the 2J Racing supercharged FRS while i was working in Atlanta a few months ago. That is a set up i could get behind. Out of the corner it would pull and pull. When i did the autox in my st and my buddies FRS, i was consistently making better times in my ST. The ability to come out of a corner and go hard in the ST helped tremendously. And i was able to drive home with a set of tires in the hatch of my car, while he couldn't fit a lawn chair in his scion haha. Not to mention fit and finish. I have an ST1, so you know base model ST, he had a base model FRS. His felt like a cheap toyota. The radio system sucked, his bluetooth never works right, and EVERYTHING was hard plastic from a mid 90's corolla haha. but as i said, to each their own. stock to stock, id take the ST over the FRS anytime.
I understand what your saying.. Over all I feel i have the better car.. the ST.. it makes a better overall car, but the 86 platform is a much more capable platform. But it should its a sports car designed from the ground up to be a sports car. not a family sedan with some suspension thrown on the chassis to make it "sporty" like our ST's are. Like i said i have no regrets trading my FRS in, My ST3 package is night and day better then the base FRS package. I think the FRS makes a great secondary car. I also didnt have a problem getting 4 tires in the back of the frs, back in 2012 when i got it, they had a little part in the paperwork that showed how to load 4 17"wheels and tires along with the jack, stand and tool kit, with a helmet haha. i have it around somewhere as i thought it was kinda funny, because you cant fit **** in the trunk with its tiny opening

·
Registered
112 Posts
How close do you live to Taunton I see you filmed at the dog track. I do all my data log runs on that stretch of road

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How close do you live to Taunton I see you filmed at the dog track. I do all my data log runs on that stretch of road
I am one town over, i'm about a 3 minute drive from the Weir.

Interesting enough, I'm going through the process of buying a house in taunton.
Aside from parts of downtown, its really not a bad place to live. My whole family grew up in taunton.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Toyota is just a much more fun car on every other aspect than straight line. I wouldn't knock it too hard. It just needs a turbo.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
The Toyota is just a much more fun car on every other aspect than straight line. I wouldn't knock it too hard. It just needs a turbo.
That's a very objective and widely disagreed upon opinion you have there, which is why a lot of the guys on here knock on it. It's just outmatched.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts