Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I missed having a V8. Had an '08 GT. So traded in the ST only b/c I felt like a got an awesome deal on a pretty sick GT (came this way): 2015 GT Performance Package/cloth Recaros, 5500 miles. Whipple Stage 2, Steeda springs 1" lowered, Steeda sway bars F/R, MRT h-pipe, Flowmaster series 40 w/delta flow, tint. Have receipts from shops that did all work from previous owner. All I did was replace the stock crappy Pirelli Pzeros with Firehawk Indy 500s.

I like the Mustang and it handles great. The power is a bit insane if you dip into the throttle and the SC kicks in but I drive it somewhat sanely and love the sound and torque.
I also have a Jetta 1.8 as my DD, errands, dog car..etc.

If the Mustang I found wasn't supercharged, i think I would have kept the ST. And I still miss the ST sometimes. I had less than 1K miles when traded but got $19500 for it. (paid 19,700). But the GT really is a beast and I like it.
Surprisingly even the PP GT with lowering springs rides has a less harsh ride than my stock ST did. Probably the longer wheelbase.

I still would love to get another ST as a daily driver but my older parents don't drive stick and they borrow my Jetta for 4.5 months out of the year.

IMG_1464.jpg 12-10-2017 12-22-47 AM.jpg IMG_1422.JPG

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sick choice. I am sure it's a handful!

I too was a former Mustang owner. Technically still am, but the car is down for the long term. I had a 2000 GT 5 speed, full bolt on + 125 wet shot of nitrous. It was an absolute blast and I used to drag and autocross it frequently (hence - now it needs a lot of work, lol).

I love my ST but definitely find myself missing the Mustang scene on a regular basis. I would love to get into a 2015+ car. They are one hell of a machine - even stock.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Looks sweet! At the time of purchasing my ST, I was on the fence weather to get a 12'-14' Mustang GT or the ST. I do like the ST, but have wondered many times if I missed something by not getting the GT. With spring coming in a few months, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
751 Posts
Looks sweet! At the time of purchasing my ST, I was on the fence weather to get a 12'-14' Mustang GT or the ST. I do like the ST, but have wondered many times if I missed something by not getting the GT. With spring coming in a few months, we'll see what happens.
Don't worry you made the better choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
How much did you pay for that if you don’t mind me asking? I’m thinking of looking for a lightly used PP GT as well since I just sold my focus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm also looking at getting rid of the focus for a GT. However, I couldn't afford what you lucked into I'm still very jealous. Sweet car.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
my plan is to get a PP GT as soon as the ST is paid off and hopefully the ST will last long enough to daily while the pony is paid off. I was about to get a GT this time around but I just wasn't ready to bet that my trusty rusty Caviler would make it another 5 years as a daily while the mustang got paid off (who am I kidding, it will likely outlast the ST by a long shot)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts