Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I missed having a V8. Had an '08 GT. So traded in the ST only b/c I felt like a got an awesome deal on a pretty sick GT (came this way): 2015 GT Performance Package/cloth Recaros, 5500 miles. Whipple Stage 2, Steeda springs 1" lowered, Steeda sway bars F/R, MRT h-pipe, Flowmaster series 40 w/delta flow, tint. Have receipts from shops that did all work from previous owner. All I did was replace the stock crappy Pirelli Pzeros with Firehawk Indy 500s.

I like the Mustang and it handles great. The power is a bit insane if you dip into the throttle and the SC kicks in but I drive it somewhat sanely and love the sound and torque.
I also have a Jetta 1.8 as my DD, errands, dog car..etc.

If the Mustang I found wasn't supercharged, i think I would have kept the ST. And I still miss the ST sometimes. I had less than 1K miles when traded but got $19500 for it. (paid 19,700). But the GT really is a beast and I like it.
Surprisingly even the PP GT with lowering springs rides has a less harsh ride than my stock ST did. Probably the longer wheelbase.

I still would love to get another ST as a daily driver but my older parents don't drive stick and they borrow my Jetta for 4.5 months out of the year.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Motor vehicle
Engine Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive engine part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sick choice. I am sure it's a handful!

I too was a former Mustang owner. Technically still am, but the car is down for the long term. I had a 2000 GT 5 speed, full bolt on + 125 wet shot of nitrous. It was an absolute blast and I used to drag and autocross it frequently (hence - now it needs a lot of work, lol).

I love my ST but definitely find myself missing the Mustang scene on a regular basis. I would love to get into a 2015+ car. They are one hell of a machine - even stock.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Looks sweet! At the time of purchasing my ST, I was on the fence weather to get a 12'-14' Mustang GT or the ST. I do like the ST, but have wondered many times if I missed something by not getting the GT. With spring coming in a few months, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
903 Posts
Looks sweet! At the time of purchasing my ST, I was on the fence weather to get a 12'-14' Mustang GT or the ST. I do like the ST, but have wondered many times if I missed something by not getting the GT. With spring coming in a few months, we'll see what happens.
Don't worry you made the better choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
my plan is to get a PP GT as soon as the ST is paid off and hopefully the ST will last long enough to daily while the pony is paid off. I was about to get a GT this time around but I just wasn't ready to bet that my trusty rusty Caviler would make it another 5 years as a daily while the mustang got paid off (who am I kidding, it will likely outlast the ST by a long shot)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts