Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after hitting a deer I decided to replace my ST bumper with an RS. I have a couple questions about the swap I was hoping people could help with. 1. Will an ST radiator splash guard work with the RS bumper? 2. Will the ST fender wells work with the RS bumper? Seems like what I was finding one of the fender liners were the same part number but the other side was different and I don’t know why that would be. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
the fender liners on the ST only attaches to the bumper in like one or two places irrc. If the mounting locations werent the same, you should be able to just drill holes in your liner to match up. There are several mounts to the sheet metal and then they also hook into the lip of the actual fender too, so i wouldnt think getting a 1:1 match in the bumper locations is the most important

For the "Stone Deflector" (as ford calls them,) there are different part numbers between the ST and the RS (and a huge price difference.) You may need to change your vehicle at fordparts to see the expanded diagrams between the two links

ST:

RS:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/bumpers/deflector-stone-6436057-1

I would suggest trying to make the ST one fit before dropping the coin on a new one (unless insurance is covering, then go for it!)

Also, these come in handy if you need to replace or add any under tray bolts/clips: Amazon.com

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST
68 Posts
The ST stone deflector does not fit. eBay is getting some cheaper ones. I think the biggest problem is ship costs because if they ship it laying flat it’s to big and needs to be sent as freight. eBay they just roll it up and shove it in a box.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The RS bumper conversion kit that I bought after a fender bender came with the stone deflector. If you still need to source one, the profile of the front of the deflector is different enough that I really think it will be difficult to modify the ST one to work with the RS bumper. You would have an easier time starting from scratch with a sheet of aluminum or some kind of plastic like abs or HDPE. If you do end up using the RS stone deflector, the rear edge has a small "ramp" for aero that will interfere with the ST fender liners. I ended up purchasing RS fender liners from my local dealership for around $150 for the pair if I remember right.

This is the conversion kit that I bought and have been happy with it. It included the RS fog lights, mesh grilles, and everything else I needed for the conversion besides the RS fender liners. It shipped via freight in a box about 7' by 4' by 3' from what I remember. The main issue that I have with it, is the fog light bezels have a tendency to pull out of position, but I believe that is an issue for a lot of the stock RS's anyways. My bumper to hood gap and the fitment around the headlights was a tiny bit off too, but I've always blamed that on other things being slightly bent out of place at the time of the fender bender; the issues were small enough that I'm sure I'm the only one that has ever noticed them anyways.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
962 Posts
I recently PITT maneuvered a WRX.
So I am in the market for a new bumper. The link you provided does have the stone deflector included but this one

The good thing is doesn't have the RS engraving so an ST badge will attach nicely. I have a black badge I got from Octane Academy.

For the under tray I was thinking I would go with ADF customs under tray route in the future.

I would go ahead and get a pair of RS wheel liners. Thanks for the headsup!

• Wow
Reactions: TurboGT
1 - 8 of 8 Posts