Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Where do I find the difference between an ST1, ST2, and ST3? I recently bought one and can't seem to find which version I have.
ST1 has full cloth seats. ST2 and ST3 have Recaros, with ST2 being half leather and ST3 being full leather. Headlight bulbs are another differentiator. ST1s have a tiny infotainment screen. If there's a sunroof, you have an ST2 or ST3.

The catch is that we're now nearly 5 years past the last production cars, more than 10 years since the first production, and it's easy to swap parts from different versions, so you might have to dig a bit to figure out what your car originally was.

· Registered
33 Posts
ST1 has full cloth seats. ST2 and ST3 have Recaros, with ST2 being half leather and ST3 being full leather. Headlight bulbs are another differentiator. ST1s have a tiny infotainment screen. If there's a sunroof, you have an ST2 or ST3.

The catch is that we're now nearly 5 years past the last production cars, more than 10 years since the first production, and it's easy to swap parts from different versions, so you might have to dig a bit to figure out what your car originally was.
Just curious, I had a 2016 ST1 full cloth seats but it also had a sunroof. Did some ST1s come with a sunroof?

· Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
1,565 Posts
Some people can’t tolerate the Recaros and exchange then for the cloth ones. Unless you have an unicorn. Are you the original only owner?

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Just curious, I had a 2016 ST1 full cloth seats but it also had a sunroof. Did some ST1s come with a sunroof?
I think it was possible to order an ST1 with a sunroof, but it certainly wasn't a common build.

· Registered
2015 ST1 GTX2867R gen2
162 Posts
Let me stop all of you guys with the sunroof right quick, dealers when they ordered ST2s and ST3s ordered them with sunroofs, and ordered ST1s without.

Ford did make ST1s with sunroofs (most people didn't option for them though) and they made ST2s and ST3s without as well (but again, most people didn't know that was an option and dealers always ordered those trims with sunroofs).

Irregardless of sunroofs, the specs go like this:

ST1 (13-18)
• Halogen Headlights off the SE trim
• Cloth SE seats with ST trim
• Sync 1 infotainment w/o Sub (2018 lost the CD Player)
• No dual climate control

ST2 (13-15)
• Partial Leather non heated recaros color coded to car
• Sync 2 Infotainment w/ Sub
• Dual climate control

ST2 (16-18)
• Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights
• Sync 3 Infotainment w/ Sub
• Dual climate control

ST3 (13-15)
• Full Leather Heated Recaros
• Dual climate control
*could be ordered with heated steering wheel

ST3 (16-18)
• Dual climate control
*could be ordered with carbon fiber package

I think that's it, someone correct me if I'm wrong though about the PFL cars not having dual climate and being able to be ordered with the winter package.

Remember, sunroof or lack thereof doesn't always equal ST1, ST2, or ST3. Hope this helps!

· Registered
2016 Magnetic Metallic ST3
500 Posts
I've always wondered about this, but until now had never seen a complete load out of what was available.
My 2016 has no sunroof or nav, but has all the st3 options including the heated steering wheel and carbon fibre bits.

I've heard that the available packages were more limited here in Canada. Which is consistent with my experience of never having seen any for sale that were not ST3 equivalent. The heated seats and steering wheel should be mandatory here. :p

· Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
3,714 Posts
My 2016 ST2 has Sync 3 with nav. I'm the 2nd owner, but doubt the earlier owner(s) changed it since it was sold just before the 3/36 warranty was out.

· Premium Member
2013 ST2, AGP BWS turbo, long block
1,034 Posts
ST2 (13-14)

I think that's it, someone correct me if I'm wrong though about the PFL cars not having dual climate and being able to be ordered with the winter package.
Mt 2013 ST2 has dual climate control from the factory.

· Registered
2015 ST1 GTX2867R gen2
162 Posts
I've always wondered about this, but until now had never seen a complete load out of what was available.
My 2016 has no sunroof or nav, but has all the st3 options including the heated steering wheel and carbon fibre bits.

I've heard that the available packages were more limited here in Canada. Which is consistent with my experience of never having seen any for sale that were not ST3 equivalent. The heated seats and steering wheel should be mandatory here. :p
Thank you all for the corrections, I'll update my list accordingly. Interesting to know about the carbon fiber bits too!

· Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
1,715 Posts
Bit different this side of the pond, ST1 came with cloth recaros, 2 and 3 had dual climate standard, powerfold mirrors with puddle lights standard on ST3, style pack option on 2 & 3, which had grey wheels, red callipers and illuminated door sills, sunroof was special order and rarely seen, door edge protectors optional on 2 &3, reverse camera option on all, and automatic transmission was special order, plus we had the option of 2.0 diesel and wagon, neither of which were very popular. Other options were, lane assist, self parking, and sign recognition.

· Brian Tyson, Tuner/ Owner @ JST
2015 Ford Focus ST
182 Posts
Yes you could get an ST1 with a sunroof. Honestly it seems like 75% of the ST1's that come here for work/ tuning have a sunroof.

· Registered
2,206 Posts
Let me stop all of you guys with the sunroof right quick, dealers when they ordered ST2s and ST3s ordered them with sunroofs, and ordered ST1s without.

Ford did make ST1s with sunroofs (most people didn't option for them though) and they made ST2s and ST3s without as well (but again, most people didn't know that was an option and dealers always ordered those trims with sunroofs).

Irregardless of sunroofs, the specs go like this:

ST1 (13-18)
• Cloth SE seats with ST trim
• Sync 1 infotainment w/o Sub (2018 lost the CD Player)

ST2 (13-15)
• Dual climate control

ST2 (16-18)
• Dual climate control

ST3 (13-15)
• Dual climate control

ST3 (16-18)
• Dual climate control
*could be ordered with carbon fiber package

Remember, sunroof or lack thereof doesn't always equal ST1, ST2, or ST3. Hope this helps!
This is a pretty comprehensive list. Nice Work! I believe that there may have been a difference in the tires that came on the different trim levels. My 2017 ST3 has every available option, including the all-season Pirelli tires (as opposed to the summer-only(?) Goodyear F1's). There may have been a difference in what wheels came on the car based upon the trim level. My ST3 came with the 5-spoke "machined face with painted black pocket" wheels. I think another difference between the trim levels (or maybe it's a difference in manufacturing years) is the presence of the door-code ("SecuriCode") option on the driver's front door "B" pillar. I didn't even know about this feature until I picked my car up, and I use it often.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts