Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys very soon I'm purchasing a ST, not sure what year yet anything newer than 2013 though or maybe a brand new 2017 st. I'm just wondering the differences between st1 to 3 and the differences between 2013 models and the 14, 15, 16 and 17 models. Any larges changes or factors in buying a new one or a older one.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi guys very soon I'm purchasing a ST, not sure what year yet anything newer than 2013 though or maybe a brand new 2017 st. I'm just wondering the differences between st1 to 3 and the differences between 2013 models and the 14, 15, 16 and 17 models. Any larges changes or factors in buying a new one or a older one.
There is differences, the ST 3 comes with full leather recaro seats, factory hid headlights, led interior lights, upgraded navigation, heated seats, heated mirrors and more just can't remember

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
The ST2 and st3 come with a touchscreen radio with gps and a Sony sound system. The st1 has regular clothes seats, the ST2 has partial leather recaros, and the st3 has full leather recaros. I think all of the st3 models have a different center console as well. The cupholders are left and right, not up and down, and the hand brake is up a little higher. As far as the 13/14 and 15-17 differences are on the outside, there's some trim differences. Different bumpers, hood, and headlights are the only major appearance differences. Mechanically I believe only the major difference is in the late 14 and every year after they put a better rear motor mount in. I'm sure there's more, but that's basically what you'll be looking at.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I think they upgraded the brake system sometime in 2014. Mechanically, there hasn't been much upgraded over the years, just some minor tweeks. The RMM has been mentioned but you probably won't find a used ST riding on the original since the upgrade was free (all three motor mounts were swapped out by Ford).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts