1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Awesome gotta sign up before the spots are gone!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Definitely signing up this year.

·
Registered
102 Posts
April 19-20 for me... glad I got it as I bought 5/8/17

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm registered for April 22-23. Anybody else?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Registered for the 24-25 May session. Should be a nice way to start Memorial Day Weekend!!
That's the date I signed up for too.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
i'm playing around with different dates trying to see what has the best airline rates

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
724 Posts
Wish I had the time or cash. The idea of wrecking one of their cars and having to fully replace it, or "partially" replace it if I get the insurance, is a huge off put. Not saying I am a bad driver, just saying **** happens and I dont want to replace their race car.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fun fact: ST Octane Academy will charge you $150 to change the date you're registered for, regardless of how far out you request a change.

I mean, I get it - rules are rules - but it's absolutely ridiculous to me that they'd charge $150 to change my date to one with plenty of open spots over 5 months out from the event!

Trying to change your date within inside of 1-2 months? Okay, I kinda get that - maybe they don't find someone to fill the spot your leaving or whatever. But FIVE MONTHS OUT?!

Pretty disappointed.

·
Registered
197 Posts
To the one who said they wish they had the cash, it is free to attend, but you do have to get yourself there. The cheapest (and most fun) way for me was to drive my ST. Gas is cheap and I booked my rooms early and it didn't cost me much. I even considered sleeping in my car and showering at a truck stop. Fortunately, it didn't come to that.

To the one worried about crashing their cars, NOBODY has ever crashed one of their cars, and they've been doing this for years. It's safe and there's very little if anything to run into.

I'm 2,000 miles away with a super tight budget. I figured there was no way I would be able to attend. But then I started thinking that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I would forever regret not going. I had an awesome trip, saw much of this beautiful country, broke in the Recaros, and found out what my car is REALLY capable of.

My advise: GO!
You will not regret it. (Unless maybe they have Edge ST's there this year!)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Fun fact: ST Octane Academy will charge you $150 to change the date you're registered for, regardless of how far out you request a change.

I mean, I get it - rules are rules - but it's absolutely ridiculous to me that they'd charge $150 to change my date to one with plenty of open spots over 5 months out from the event!

Trying to change your date within inside of 1-2 months? Okay, I kinda get that - maybe they don't find someone to fill the spot your leaving or whatever. But FIVE MONTHS OUT?!

Pretty disappointed.
That's a bit frustrtaing, but I get it. It's a free event with a fairly high value. I'm sure the only reason for this is there were so many people changing dates and it became a scheduling hassle.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
8/21 - 22!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts