Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While heading downtown (Austin) today I received a traffic alert from the Navigation. This is kinda cool, I didn't know it was built into the MyFordTouch!

focus-st-navigation-incident.JPG

^^^^

The screen sure picks up fingerprints easily...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
While heading downtown (Austin) today I received a traffic alert from the Navigation. This is kinda cool, I didn't know it was built into the MyFordTouch!

View attachment 480

^^^^

The screen sure picks up fingerprints easily...
Anyone have any suggestions for cleaning it safely? I would assume phone cleaning pads would work well

·
Registered
328 Posts
For cleaning I would sugest a micro fiber cloth and some plastic anti-static cleaner. There are many brands, but I use Chemtronics Plast-N-Glass.

·
Super Moderator
6,577 Posts
or window cleaner spray on peace of paper and clean it lol
Don't use paper, it will scratch! Use window cleaner and a clean soft cloth...micro fiber would be good.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Get the microfiber cloth wipers for cleaning eye glasses, keep it in the little plastic pouch. I keep one in my console, and clean my screen every day, works the best, no spray needed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Do not use any solvents like Windex. Most touch screens have a coating that ammonia based cleaners will eat right through. Use a micro fiber cloth like ones used for eyeglasses and an eyeglass cleaning solvent. Or use a mixture of water and isopropyl alcohol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts