Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post so here goes, got the 10k km service done with the dealer (Al Tayer Motors), was told they had also updated the software for the gear ratio. The problem is, I now feel the engine has lost power...it ain't as quick as it was before the software update and the engine sounds louder than it used to be. Took it back to the dealer, I get a call after 2 days saying there's nothing wrong with the car so I'm confused, I was also told the software update cannot be undone, is it the engine or my head?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
You'll get used to it. I doubt theres anything wrong. And i dont know much about our transmissions, but i dont think the ratio can be changed with software....
Maybe they took it out for a spin and filled it back up with 87 instead of premium?

Sent from sputnik #534

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
87 instead of premium, nah but the drive does feel different...In a bad way
What all did you have done? Did you have the motor mount TSB done? After i had that TSB done, my car felt funky for about a week, then it was fine. I say just give it time.

Sent from sputnik #534

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Disconnect the negative terminal on your battery for 10 mins or so with the parking lights on. That'll reset your KAM. Report back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
LumbeeRob
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing