Ford Focus ST Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not even sure if this is a thing? Has anyone ever attempted and/or successfully completed an engine swap on their ST? Is it even worth a try? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
129 Posts
from what to what? I guess if you've got a blown motor and find a nice donor, sure. You need to be more specific in your post!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
From stock to pretty much anything else! I'm just wondering if anyone has ever attempted an engine swap in their ST at all.
To another ST motor? Ya lol. Some people have built 2.3l motors and put them in.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I've heard of others stroking the 2.0 to a 2.3 but that's about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,003 Posts
Not even sure if this is a thing? Has anyone ever attempted and/or successfully completed an engine swap on their ST? Is it even worth a try? Thanks in advance...
Only swap I know of is the Lincoln MKC 2.3 swap. Which is the same FWD orientation 2.3 unlike the mustangs. I think either FRPP or Mountune has done it. Besides that, theres no reason. The ford ECU is the cat's meow for tuning, so there isn't many upgrades to be had with the space and orientation in mind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and wanted suggestions on what I should do before considering swapping my EcoBoost with the Coyote 5.0 in a 2011 Ford Mustang. I've looked at other venues, so far, I haven't a lot of 2nd or 3rd generation focuses being engine swapped with V8s. Mainly with the 1st generation. (Except the one last year, which was a 17 Focus ST and an SE just recently). I know there are some things I need to account for, such as cost-effectiveness, the difference in power gain, how much I'm willing to spend, proper fitment, axles, suspension, driveline, cutting, whether it's even worth it, etc., etc. Any advice would help me achieve my goal. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
3,035 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and wanted suggestions on what I should do before considering swapping my EcoBoost with the Coyote 5.0 in a 2011 Ford Mustang. I've looked at other venues, so far, I haven't a lot of 2nd or 3rd generation focuses being engine swapped with V8s. Mainly with the 1st generation. (Except the one last year, which was a 17 Focus ST and an SE just recently). I know there are some things I need to account for, such as cost-effectiveness, the difference in power gain, how much I'm willing to spend, proper fitment, axles, suspension, driveline, cutting, whether it's even worth it, etc., etc. Any advice would help me achieve my goal. Thank you.
This is a 5 year old thread, this kind of swap isn't something there are instructions for. As far as I am aware of there is only one ST that has a 5.0 swap, and its a SEMA car.

If you are seriously interested in doing this I suggest reaching out to local fabricators and custom shops as this totally uncharted territory on this platform. You are looking at an entirely different drivetrain in a car that was never intended to have the rear wheels driven. Lots of custom metal fab, potentially suspension changes, fitting an entire transmission where there wasn't one before. And tons of money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.