Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not even sure if this is a thing? Has anyone ever attempted and/or successfully completed an engine swap on their ST? Is it even worth a try? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
127 Posts
from what to what? I guess if you've got a blown motor and find a nice donor, sure. You need to be more specific in your post!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From stock to pretty much anything else! I'm just wondering if anyone has ever attempted an engine swap in their ST at all.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
From stock to pretty much anything else! I'm just wondering if anyone has ever attempted an engine swap in their ST at all.
To another ST motor? Ya lol. Some people have built 2.3l motors and put them in.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I've heard of others stroking the 2.0 to a 2.3 but that's about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have kind of wondered the same thing. Like if there was a swap to the 2.3L RS engine in our ST's.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
10,722 Posts
Not even sure if this is a thing? Has anyone ever attempted and/or successfully completed an engine swap on their ST? Is it even worth a try? Thanks in advance...
Only swap I know of is the Lincoln MKC 2.3 swap. Which is the same FWD orientation 2.3 unlike the mustangs. I think either FRPP or Mountune has done it. Besides that, theres no reason. The ford ECU is the cat's meow for tuning, so there isn't many upgrades to be had with the space and orientation in mind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you have money to burn by swapping out what's already a pretty potent motor, send your cash to me. I'll upgrade my ST and save myself the headache and aggravation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts