Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys curious if anyone has any idea of how to re embroider the st logo on the seats or something similar to change the color.

I realize you would probably have to stich something over the top but does anyone know of anything?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I ordered ST patches which are about the same size as the ones stiched into the seat backs. I applied them on the seat cushions in the rougher gray fabric area using E-1000 glue and they turned out looking pretty good. Not quite stitched in professional looking, but it only ended up being about $20 between the patches and the glue. The patches were the iron on type, but I just scraped off the hot glue on the back because I knew that would never hold. Had them on for about 2 years now with no edges coming up or anything. I'll see if I can find the link for the patches if you want.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered ST patches which are about the same size as the ones stiched into the seat backs. I applied them on the seat cushions in the rougher gray fabric area using E-1000 glue and they turned out looking pretty good. Not quite stitched in professional looking, but it only ended up being about $20 between the patches and the glue. The patches were the iron on type, but I just scraped off the hot glue on the back because I knew that would never hold. Had them on for about 2 years now with no edges coming up or anything. I'll see if I can find the link for the patches if you want.
Please!

·
Registered
209 Posts
They make stitch dye pens. Super easy to change the color. Only works for going darker though usually. I've seen good results in higher end vehicles wanting to change dash or seat seam stitching colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh and the glue was E6000 not E1000.
Holy mother I love me some E6000 (totally off topic). I have had that stuff as standard garage inventory for 20+ years.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Holy mother I love me some E6000 (totally off topic). I have had that stuff as standard garage inventory for 20+ years.

haha yea it is great stuff. Glad I discovered it on this little project. Has proven to be very handy quite a few times since then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts