Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warmer winter days stuck at work sure do make me miss my old ST. I sold my 2016 ST1 in late 2021 to get a new 2021 Chevy Silverado. I have been recently more active on this page because I have been looking to get another ST or hopefully snag an RS for a decent price. It’s nice to be back and check out the new builds in the ST community. I’ll drop some pics below of my old ST and my new truck. If you see this post today do a pull for me! 🤘🏻
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Tire Wheel Water Sky Vehicle

Car Vehicle Grille Plant Hood

· Registered
51 Posts
I'm curious as to what is making you want another ST?

Reactions: sttwoton

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm curious as to what is making you want another ST?
I am really shooting to buy an RS but I’d also like to keep my truck when I buy another car. I am familiar with the eco boost platform and I regret selling my car all the time. Was looking into the new Type R or Corolla GR but always come back to the focus.

· Registered
51 Posts
I am really shooting to buy an RS but I’d also like to keep my truck when I buy another car. I am familiar with the eco boost platform and I regret selling my car all the time. Was looking into the new Type R or Corolla GR but always come back to the focus.
Nice I'm thinking of actually leaving the platform to explorer some other platforms but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.. I also don't know if I'd sell it with the mods or just part it out and get it into stock form, best of luck getting into an RS, always wanted to drive one of them!

Reactions: sttwoton

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's no such thing as an RS at a decent price lol. Always seem to hover above the $30k mark for anything with decent miles

Goodluck tho and get back in a Ford 😉
The price tag is the only reason I don’t already have one in my driveway right now lol.
I’ll be back in a Ford by summer time 😎

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice I'm thinking of actually leaving the platform to explorer some other platforms but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.. I also don't know if I'd sell it with the mods or just part it out and get it into stock form, best of luck getting into an RS, always wanted to drive one of them!
Nothing wrong with checking out other platforms. I test drove 2-3 RS in my area but the dealers want outrageous prices for them, they sure are fun tho!
Just don’t pull the trigger too quick and regret selling the ST in year like me 🥴

· Registered
51 Posts
Nothing wrong with checking out other platforms. I test drove 2-3 RS in my area but the dealers want outrageous prices for them, they sure are fun tho!
Just don’t pull the trigger too quick and regret selling the ST in year like me 🥴
I really don't know what I want hahaha I do like the RS's but I feel like it wouldn't be "an upgrade" while it would be it would feel the same and maybe that isn't a bad thing... I should really go test drive one

Reactions: SloSTy21

· Registered
2,564 Posts
I really don't know what I want hahaha I do like the RS's but I feel like it wouldn't be "an upgrade" while it would be it would feel the same and maybe that isn't a bad thing... I should really go test drive one
Go do it! It'll make you appreciate the 20k$ you saved more.

Reactions: SloSTy21

· Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
9,383 Posts
Go do it! It'll make you appreciate the 20k$ you saved more.
I really keep hearing and reading this from people who have made the switch. That for the RS having 90 more hp, it doesn't actually show when racing an st. I just want the AWD and the bigger gas tank (although mpg is much worse). But the extra 20k doesn't seem worth it for me, considering I can buy a 2017ish Audi a3 for that And have both. Then slap on a dtr6054 turbo and IC and have a mid 11 second car on pump gas stock fuel. Where the RS can barely break a high 12 second pass before you're leaning on the block.

· Registered
51 Posts
well the value is that it is an RS, now value is weighted differently pending on the person obviously but common sense is saying the same thing, 20K I can get into something completely different with a much higher ceiling. I'm not so much chasing numbers more so looking for another 4 four, that's slightly bigger but gives me the ability to mod and have fun with. I love the hatch as I once needed to use the car for multiple things but now that we have another vehicle to do so, my options have opened up.. but every time I get in the ST, I truely do enjoy it, until something interesting pulls along side of me hahaha

· Registered
2,564 Posts
I really keep hearing and reading this from people who have made the switch. That for the RS having 90 more hp, it doesn't actually show when racing an st. I just want the AWD and the bigger gas tank (although mpg is much worse). But the extra 20k doesn't seem worth it for me, considering I can buy a 2017ish Audi a3 for that And have both. Then slap on a dtr6054 turbo and IC and have a mid 11 second car on pump gas stock fuel. Where the RS can barely break a high 12 second pass before you're leaning on the block.
They're definitely fun cars. My conclusion comes from when I got to DD a buddies RS for a week while I was fixing a few things and while he was on Vacation. St just "Feels" quicker to be honest. Of course I was 93 tuned at the time and he was stock tune/FBO.
Averaged like 22- 23mpg where the ST was doing 29-30.
For a Daily I'd still hands down pick the ST.
RS is still fun taking off for stoplights, but other than that, in the twisties and in the straights I'd still take my ST and the money I am able to put into it in mods.

It should be mentioned, the amount of maintenance on his car that he's had to do is more than the amount I've spent in mods year for year. Now his timing cover is leaking oil so that'll have to be done too.

Overall I feel like it's definitely worth the purchase for a first timer, but definitely not worth it coming from an ST.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts