Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone, I've been lurking in the background here for a few weeks while conducting research into a purchase to replace my previous DD, a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon that now has 192k on the odometer. Thanks to the Pittsburgh winters and the abundant use of Salt to "maintain" the roads, my Tiburon has been re-assigned to winter/work use. My ideal options were either the Mazdaspeed3 or an ST, so last week, after much research of here and mazdaspeed forums, on 6/6/2017 I purchased a Tuxedo Black 2013 ST1 with 49K on the clock. Since it's arrival I've ordered the Husky floor liners, AVS hood deflector along with window vents, Rally armor mudflaps, Headlight armor vinyl protectors (HD Blue), a Green Filter, and on the way is a Velossa tech big mouth Ram Air. I have some plans on future bolt-ons to be added, AP3, along with exhaust at the top of my priority list. I'll get back to lurking in the mean time studying the installs that plenty of others have gone through in improving and customizing their rides in the search for more.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Good afternoon everyone, I've been lurking in the background here for a few weeks while conducting research into a purchase to replace my previous DD, a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon that now has 192k on the odometer. Thanks to the Pittsburgh winters and the abundant use of Salt to "maintain" the roads, my Tiburon has been re-assigned to winter/work use. My ideal options were either the Mazdaspeed3 or an ST, so last week, after much research of here and mazdaspeed forums, on 6/6/2017 I purchased a Tuxedo Black 2013 ST1 with 49K on the clock. Since it's arrival I've ordered the Husky floor liners, AVS hood deflector along with window vents, Rally armor mudflaps, Headlight armor vinyl protectors (HD Blue), a Green Filter, and on the way is a Velossa tech big mouth Ram Air. I have some plans on future bolt-ons to be added, AP3, along with exhaust at the top of my priority list. I'll get back to lurking in the mean time studying the installs that plenty of others have gone through in improving and customizing their rides in the search for more.
Welcome! I'd love to see pictures of your car! Excellent choice, you'll find that it was a great choice over the aging MS3. If you have any questions at any time they will definitely get answered here without any issue, since you said you lurked a while I'm sure you're aware of that though. I see you're from Pittsburgh so I'll say Go Pens! Even if you aren't a Pens/hockey fan (you should be) since there was quite a ruckus yesterday in your marvelous city.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as more background on me, I'm a Development Technician for Siemens Energy in which I help design, build, and use robotic equipment for the purpose of testing and/or troubleshooting Generators and Turbines of plants. I'm 33 years old (for 4 more days) with a wife and a daughter that is 5 years old. I currently live in Rochester, Beaver County with plans to move next summer to the Mount Pleasant / New Stanton area due to an office move from Monroeville (45 miles one way from my house). I played (and still love) hockey since I was 8 years old, so I do enjoy watching the Penguins and am extremely happy that they won yet another Stanley Cup, but will be sad to see Fleury go if drafted by Vegas. Pictures will be inserted this weekend once I get the time to wash and wax after completion of mudflap install.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
As far as more background on me, I'm a Development Technician for Siemens Energy in which I help design, build, and use robotic equipment for the purpose of testing and/or troubleshooting Generators and Turbines of plants. I'm 33 years old (for 4 more days) with a wife and a daughter that is 5 years old. I currently live in Rochester, Beaver County with plans to move next summer to the Mount Pleasant / New Stanton area due to an office move from Monroeville (45 miles one way from my house). I played (and still love) hockey since I was 8 years old, so I do enjoy watching the Penguins and am extremely happy that they won yet another Stanley Cup, but will be sad to see Fleury go if drafted by Vegas. Pictures will be inserted this weekend once I get the time to wash and wax after completion of mudflap install.
I too am saddened to see Flower go. He is the absolute epitome of Pittsburgh sports in that win or lose he is cheerful and supportive. Despite all he has been threw with us only to be victim of business trade the fact that he waived his clause because "it was for the best for another cup run" just goes to show he's an incredible person. Like, I for one would find it incredibly hard to be that downright courteous to a team that is trading me away after all that, and he just goes "yeah I'm doing it so they can hopefully win the cup again" lol.

Okay, I'll stop showing my love for the Penguins now.

Hope you enjoy the forum! Coat rack is on the right if you wanna stay a while.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
My wife probably wishes.... wait... this is probably too in depth of an introduction....
To move things along on topic :lol: there is a big Pittsburgh group on facebook of STs called Steel city ST club https://www.facebook.com/groups/268176446713551/

Also, if you find yourself in East PA or a little closer like New Stanton, you also have the option of taking a road trip to meet the Brewery Raider gang if you like beer (or if you don't) headed by (recently turned Moderator) @Duece McCracken where we do just as the name implies and hit up brew pubs around the areas of East PA, Harrisburg, Carlisle, etc. Basically wherever we get a good lead and a good number are gonna show up. If you prefer to stay over near Pitt the STeel city club also hits brew pubs I believe. @zerocoolxx is a frequent I believe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To move things along on topic :lol: there is a big Pittsburgh group on facebook of STs called Steel city ST club https://www.facebook.com/groups/268176446713551/

Also, if you find yourself in East PA or a little closer like New Stanton, you also have the option of taking a road trip to meet the Brewery Raider gang if you like beer (or if you don't) headed by (recently turned Moderator) @Duece McCracken where we do just as the name implies and hit up brew pubs around the areas of East PA, Harrisburg, Carlisle, etc. Basically wherever we get a good lead and a good number are gonna show up. If you prefer to stay over near Pitt the STeel city club also hits brew pubs I believe. @zerocoolxx is a frequent I believe
Request sent to join the FB group already for STeel City ST OwneRS Club, perhaps I'm too much of a douche for acceptance there, don't think my first request was accepted. I was almost out in the Limerick area this past weekend for a baptism, however work screwed with my plans by telling me I was going out of town, then canceling it after I already canceled all of my personal travel arrangements. During my lurking I noticed the PA section along with the Brew Pub Raiders thread and will sub to them for updates. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Request sent to join the FB group already for STeel City ST OwneRS Club, perhaps I'm too much of a douche for acceptance there, don't think my first request was accepted. I was almost out in the Limerick area this past weekend for a baptism, however work screwed with my plans by telling me I was going out of town, then canceling it after I already canceled all of my personal travel arrangements. During my lurking I noticed the PA section along with the Brew Pub Raiders thread and will sub to them for updates. Thanks
Do you have pictures of your ST on your FB profile? I think they have to see an ST to accept you to filter out the non-ST owners lol. Zerocool might be able to accept you once he sees my tag. Not sure if he has that ability or not

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Posted one picture of it, but due to privacy settings, they may not be able to see it.

Turned out I was right, Privacy setting was screwing up their ability to tell whether or not I actually had an ST, plus being on my work laptop, on it's VPN shows me in Munich, Germany instead of Monroeville like I am.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Did you get in Slappy? ... we had some new mod changes around your time. Now we have a simple "answer the questions" form to fill while doing the enterance to the STeel City page.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Do you have pictures of your ST on your FB profile? I think they have to see an ST to accept you to filter out the non

Lol, I am the longest living of the Admins on there that actually did anything for the page. I did however move out of the burgh but I AM still an admin on that page.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Do you have pictures of your ST on your FB profile? I think they have to see an ST to accept you to filter out the non

Lol, I am the longest living of the Admins on there that actually did anything for the page. I did however move out of the burgh but I AM still an admin on that page.
Ah, a shame to see you are out of the amazing city of Pittsburgh, I've been pressing the idea of trying to move that way and get a job there and get out of low pay farm country, PA. Especially since the cost of living in my county is only 8% lower than Pitt lol and the pay here is 40% lower #wtf

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Ah, a shame to see you are out of the amazing city of Pittsburgh, I've been pressing the idea of trying to move that way and get a job there and get out of low pay farm country, PA. Especially since the cost of living in my county is only 8% lower than Pitt lol and the pay here is 40% lower #wtf
Sadly there is not a HUGE increase in pay down here if your making a lateral move. The big thing is, its like living in the farm county, but with close access to a beach LOL.
I take it you do not have a background in PLC programming or Controls engineering?? I only ask because we are hiring in SC for a position. lol

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Sadly there is not a HUGE increase in pay down here if your making a lateral move. The big thing is, its like living in the farm county, but with close access to a beach LOL.
I take it you do not have a background in PLC programming or Controls engineering?? I only ask because we are hiring in SC for a position. lol
I do not, I'm afraid. Networking/Information Security here. Currently being reevaluated at my job to be reassigned more specifically as an Information Security Analyst...which is more specific than my current title...and comes with a bump hopefully. So we shall see what happens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you get in Slappy? ... we had some new mod changes around your time. Now we have a simple "answer the questions" form to fill while doing the enterance to the STeel City page.
Yea bud, I got in. There was plenty of confusion with the way Facebook has me located. I applied from my work laptop, while at work. I work for Siemens Energy Inc. where I work in Monroeville, but it is a Germany base company. Thus it showed on my FB profile that was in Germany. That and my profile is private, only showing my profile picture to those not on my friends list, of course it isn't a picture of my car. After a couple repeated attempts, another admin pm'd me saying no matter how many attempts I tried to join, he was going to reject it. Thus I explained what was going on and showed him a pick of my car and was accepted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts