Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Hoping to get as much feedback as possible on anyone running coilovers in their ST's. Creaking, squeaking, rattling, knocking and what solutions they have found to these. Currently running BC's in my '16' but having low speed knocking/squeaking issues. Everything is down tight, checked multiple times, just some theories I've had thrown around are shock cartridges, bearings, the shaft nut unable to be tightened up sufficiently due the Focus' design and this being a common issue amongst all ST's with coilovers. Hopefully this will not only be a help to myself but others also.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just installed bilstein on my 16.... no sounds at all :/

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yea they do

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Had this problem after I put H&R springs on. I'm awful at describing things but I didn't get one of the end link nuts tight enough and it would cause a clang over bumps and stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey Guys,

Hoping to get as much feedback as possible on anyone running coilovers in their ST's. Creaking, squeaking, rattling, knocking and what solutions they have found to these. Currently running BC's in my '16' but having low speed knocking/squeaking issues. Everything is down tight, checked multiple times, just some theories I've had thrown around are shock cartridges, bearings, the shaft nut unable to be tightened up sufficiently due the Focus' design and this being a common issue amongst all ST's with coilovers. Hopefully this will not only be a help to myself but others also.
I have the same problem with my BC coils. From the search that i have done found couple of things you could do. 1) check the preload 2) check the top nut to make sure thats tight as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BC is sending out new shock cartridges, pre load and top nut have been checked so I am skeptical. One theory I have been told is that it is impossible to get that top nut down tight enough which is why it has movement at low speed causing the knocking. Interesting to hear other brands aren't having the same issue.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I had the same noise coming from the driver side rear after I installed my BC coilovers. The noise didn't present itself until after I drove around for a few days. It turned out to be the end link bolt had loosened up a bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pillow ball bearings and shock cartridges replaced, issue now fixed. Manufacturer was a great hand and helpful, installer not so much. Just a word of warning check your warranty as labour is not usually covered unfortunately.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey Guys,

I had to get my BC coilovers tightened a few months ago because they got loose somehow and they were basically going up and down, hitting the metal they are supposed to be fixed onto. I'm not sure how to describe it but it was really loud whenever I drove over any sort of bump on the road.
The guy from the shop then told me that they won't get loose anymore :D

They do bottom out from time to time though but that's not a concern.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Do many people run adjustable front endlinks with their coilover setup?
Its pretty much mandatory with the BC's.
I have them on my '13 and until i properly adjusted the front endlinks, they made a ton of noise (the swaybar was hitting stuff).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts