Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 ST seems to have the common 2nd gear grinding issue. About 20% of the time I shift into 2nd, it grinds and takes me a few tries to get it to go into gear.

I asked the dealer about TSBs, but they didn't find anything (or they didn't tell me). Has anyone found a solution or TSB number?

Yesterday I damn near had a wreck due to this. I'd prefer to get Ford to fix it on their dime. (My car does have a salvage title from a minor front end collision, but the tranny issue is unrelated)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
how many miles???
still under the 5 year/60k warranty?
dont quote me on this but search the forum for syncro issues. sounds like you may be having this problem.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It would be the 2nd gear syncro

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably not under warranty as it was involved in a collision and has a salvage title despite being perfectly repaired.

Is there any chance of getting Ford to repair it as it is a very common known issue? If not, about how much dough am I looking at to get it repaired, and how critical is it to get repaired immediately vs a couple months from now?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Probably not under warranty as it was involved in a collision and has a salvage title despite being perfectly repaired.

Is there any chance of getting Ford to repair it as it is a very common known issue? If not, about how much dough am I looking at to get it repaired, and how critical is it to get repaired immediately vs a couple months from now?
look at about a grand if not more, better off getting a new syncro and finding a good shop to install it. that should save you some money over having ford do it

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

Just shift from 1 to 3 lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dang.... anyone, is there any TSB number I can tell Ford to look up? This is such a common issue I'd really like a resolution without dropping $1000 on a tranny that may go out again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts