Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2015 FoST and I'm loving it, have over 33k km on her after a year and a half. I wanted to change the sound but always wanted to stay under warranty, so I did the resonator delete and and I'm loving it. But know I want more! Lol, so after some research I think I'd like to do the SSymposer by-pass. I know there's alot of posts about this but I was getting confused on the information was for the delete or the by-pass. My questions are:

Is taping the two end of the hoses good enough with electrical tape?

After taping the ends, does openings at the SSymposer valve have to be dealt with?

Will just the bypass, not delete, cause any codes?

Can I simply put hoses back into the symposer valve if I don't like it or to bring the car into the stealership?

Thank you very much for any and all information!
Cheers

·
Registered
558 Posts
If you want to see what it sounds like then just unplug the symposer valve with the engine off and that defaults to wide open. No codes that set the CEL either.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I unplugged the electrical connector once. It's nice, because you can hear the intake and shift by sound. After 2 or 3 days, I decided that I wanted my car to be quiet again, so I plugged it back in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just unplugged the electrical connector with no issues. I eventually got a symposer delete when I upgraded to external BOV

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey guys, I have a 2015 FoST and I'm loving it, have over 33k km on her after a year and a half. I wanted to change the sound but always wanted to stay under warranty, so I did the resonator delete and and I'm loving it. But know I want more! Lol, so after some research I think I'd like to do the SSymposer by-pass. I know there's alot of posts about this but I was getting confused on the information was for the delete or the by-pass. My questions are:

Is taping the two end of the hoses good enough with electrical tape?

After taping the ends, does openings at the SSymposer valve have to be dealt with?

Will just the bypass, not delete, cause any codes?

Can I simply put hoses back into the symposer valve if I don't like it or to bring the car into the stealership?

Thank you very much for any and all information!
Cheers

Is taping the two end of the hoses good enough with electrical tape? Yes

After taping the ends, does openings at the SSymposer valve have to be dealt with? No

Will just the bypass, not delete, cause any codes? No

Can I simply put hoses back into the symposer valve if I don't like it or to bring the car into the stealership? Yes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts