Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The front right brake keeps squealing/screeching everytime I apply the pedal. It's now been looked at by two main dealers with the brake pads checked and changed, caliper changed and now the brake discs with all being well lubed up. No one can seem to figure out what the problem is. Does anyone have any suggestions as it's starting to become quite annoying.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Hi,

The front right brake keeps squealing/screeching everytime I apply the pedal. It's now been looked at by two main dealers with the brake pads checked and changed, caliper changed and now the brake discs with all being well lubed up. No one can seem to figure out what the problem is. Does anyone have any suggestions as it's starting to become quite annoying.

What pads?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had the same problem on mine if the discs and pads have plenty of life left in them just take the disc off and behind it they get rusty, all you need to do is grind the rust off and that should stop the squeal, the noise usually comes from the pad touching the rust when you brake hope this helps you I know how annoying it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had the same problem on mine if the discs and pads have plenty of life left in them just take the disc off and behind it they get rusty, all you need to do is grind the rust off and that should stop the squeal, the noise usually comes from the pad touching the rust when you brake hope this helps you I know how annoying it is.
Hi are you talking about rust on the back of the disc? There were two brand new discs put on the front two weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I’ve used ferodo ds2500’s for years on a daily driver and they did make noise and was somewhat easily modulated. But no matter what, they squealed.

However the 2500 is a mild track pad and is expected to make noise. They have a whole line of general consumer pads too. You need to state which pad you’re using.

from a grease perspective, yes moving parts should be lined with proper brake grease, but the pad to piston and pad to caliper connections should be using a sticky paste type brake compound or CRC’s red “disc brake quiet” compound. That stuff is essentially a glue and will prevent vibrations between the two surfaces.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts