Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. If any of you have the SpyTec A119, perhaps you can help. I noticed lately that the little LCD on the unit is not staying on. If I press the power button it comes on for about 10 seconds, but then goes off again. I have also noticed that it is not starting up every time I start the car like it used to. I have it hardwired to the fuse box under the glove box.

I am not sure if it needs a firmware update, if I need to check the wiring, or if any one else has encountered this. It is clearly getting power, but it is not operating like it should.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
NVM. I somehow activated screen saver. I believe that is the fix. Mods you can close this thread.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I have a A118 and the screen has always turned off after about 15-30 seconds. There's no reason for it to stay on all the time. It's not like you're using it to see where you are driving. It's probably just on initially so you can see the camera works.

·
Registered
181 Posts
As mentioned above, there is a screen saver setting in the menu. You can disable it so the screen is on all the time, or for just the first minute, 3 minutes, etc... I have mine set to turn off after 3 minutes...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts