Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
I've seen them on cars before and they look good. I think you can get it for a slightly lower price on eBay or other sites. I looked at those for a while, myself.

Reactions: littleyellowfost

Registered
Just saw the price.........jaw hit the floor!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beware the clear coat on them is ****

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yes, so the Amazon reviews seem to verify. I'm guessing by "the coat" they mean there's like a clear skin on top of the Perspex glass of the headlight that protects it from wear and tear? If so would you say it's easy to put right after purchase with something like 3M film? For that price everything should be A1 perfect straight from the factory, but I don't mind adding new film after I get them.

Is there anything else I should look out for? One person mentioned his headlights overheating, or was that a fluke one off? Thing is, if that's the ONLY thing wrong then I was also intending to get their new TAIL LIGHTS as well to finish off the set. They really look the business, aye! :cool: Before those came along I had my eye on the tinted Spec-D tail lights, which look almost as good.

Registered
Yes, so the Amazon reviews seem to verify. I'm guessing by "the coat" they mean there's like a clear skin on top of the Perspex glass of the headlight that protects it from wear and tear? If so would you say it's easy to put right after purchase with something like 3M film? For that price everything should be A1 perfect straight from the factory, but I don't mind adding new film after I get them.

Is there anything else I should look out for? One person mentioned his headlights overheating, or was that a fluke one off? Thing is, if that's the ONLY thing wrong then I was also intending to get their new TAIL LIGHTS as well to finish off the set. They really look the business, aye! :cool: Before those came along I had my eye on the tinted Spec-D tail lights, which look almost as good.
Firstly ~$450 is cheap for a set of projector headlights for this car.

Second there is a clear coat on the lens that will chip and flake off. What I did was wet sand, buff and polish then I put Meguiars headlight restorer on them to prevent them from fading

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts