Ford Focus ST Forum banner

141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
No im not saying its the pedal although that may be an issue becoz of a few dead spots but thats not whats causing my lil spit here and there at WOT, it doesnt even make sense because it doesnt do it all the time, i can do a pull itll do it once, then i can do a pull 15 mins later and its fine...those replacement coils show up today...fingers crossed with a hopeless breath

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I feel your pain!

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
...Sorry it's been a really really ****ty few days at work...
No kiddin’ bro!! You guys have an effin’ mess brewing over there!!

Wishing the best for you and your boys...stay safe! #BacktheBlue

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Ok i did find a thread which im having trouble finding now. But i have found the issue but i dont know if anyone ever found why its doing this. Ok some peoplr are feeling these lil jerks and bucks at low load, low throttle scenarios that feel like misfires but they arent alot of times youll feel them when its cold, now after searching and searcbing i have found that whats happening is the ecu is switching to torque control protocol for take off assist retard- so whats happrning is for like a tenth of a second the timing is jymping from like 9 degrees to 20 and thats it and this is what we are feeling....has anyone donr any further research or heard of this? You can bring up the torq cntrol pid and the spark source pid

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
If you know what the enumeratiob PIDs mean they can help a TON. each number stands for a different protocol or action being taken you can find them all under googling ford cobb data monitors

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Ok i did find a thread which im having trouble finding now. But i have found the issue but i dont know if anyone ever found why its doing this. Ok some peoplr are feeling these lil jerks and bucks at low load, low throttle scenarios that feel like misfires but they arent alot of times youll feel them when its cold, now after searching and searcbing i have found that whats happening is the ecu is switching to torque control protocol for take off assist retard- so whats happrning is for like a tenth of a second the timing is jymping from like 9 degrees to 20 and thats it and this is what we are feeling....has anyone donr any further research or heard of this? You can bring up the torq cntrol pid and the spark source pid
Did you search the threads you replied in?? Dont think it resolves the issue at hand but here ya go:

Reactions: GotAFoSTnSpeed6

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Did you search the threads you replied in?? Dont think it resolves the issue at hand but here ya go:

Yea i read through that whole thread goof whered ya think i got all the info...i was hoping someone would chime in since this was an issue @Bugasu was lookin into i thought maybe there wouldve been some headway.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Yea i read through that whole thread goof whered ya think i got all the info...i was hoping someone would chime in since this was an issue @Bugasu was lookin into i thought maybe there wouldve been some headway.
you just said you had trouble locating it so i posted it for you to locate..goof! lmfao

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Ooo i see what ur saying coz i couldny find it again....but no helpful info besudes what i know already :unsure:

Reactions: 20focusSTdriver17

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
I may just try an exorcism 👹👻🎃👽👀

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Paranormal for the win....bust the OVULIS out on this Foci spirit

Reactions: 20focusSTdriver17

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Anybody know if an extremely small coolant leak could cause this type of sputtering under load without spewing white smoke out the exhaust? I'm talking maybe a slighlty warped head that expands and contracts with the heat enough to allow some coolant past the gasket but not enough for a full blowout??

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
Anybody know if an extremely small coolant leak could cause this type of sputtering under load without spewing white smoke out the exhaust? I'm talking maybe a slighlty warped head that expands and contracts with the heat enough to allow some coolant past the gasket but not enough for a full blowout??
If water can get past a gasket, so can compression. Have you been using/adding coolant?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
If water can get past a gasket, so can compression. Have you been using/adding coolant?
Yes, but very little as in going from max to min level over a 2 month period, this actually happened twice so far in the last 6 . months, however I would maybe expect to lose some while doing track days in extremely high ambient temps (100F) in addition to having high ECT (250F) during those trackday sessions.

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
You might try a leak down test just to be sure all is sealed nice and tight.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
yes sir on my list of to-do's!!

Reactions: ddfred

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Another thing that seems to be fixed that for as long as its been like this to now be fixed it makes wonder how long something needed replaced...anyways my MTE Gauge always read like 210 miles at a full tank which was insane....after the list of things i fixed which im leaning towards the evap purge line itll read 300+ now when full

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Ive just finished running 3 cans of Heet & 1 can of Sea Foam through it and as of my last fill up two days ago so far it hasnt sputtered. I ran it pretty hard on the hwy today with no issues so I hope it stays fixed.

Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
oh well too good to be true... happened again today while merging on the highway at WOT behind a Mustang GT lasted for a a bit and then stopped. Ambient temps were back in the 80's today and the car was idling in stop & go traffic before i got on the hwy so engine temps were slightly above normal.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Such is the way of the road!!

141 - 160 of 167 Posts