Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Searched and searched and cant find what I am looking for.

Hoping someone has a way of making it so car starts in Sport mode. got to be a way to do it, ForScan app have the ability

I never drive in Normal mode, other than when driving in snow, so I would still like to be able to switch between modes of course.

Thanks
Nick

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
If I may chime in, I bet car manufacturers specifically makes the system default to normal & doing what you ask will be difficult for liability reasons. This way the driver has to "opt in" (push the button) to the heightened level of danger with nannies disabled.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
until a car that has it disabled by default gets driven by somebody else, gets in a wreck and everybody gets sued...

he gave you the "lawyer response" because legal liability directly drives a lot of decisions manufactures make when designing a car and that is exactly why the manufactures make it as difficult as they do to change certain things in the car.

if you really want to make it happen, anything is possible. in another car that was built into a purpose built drift car, we took the Advancetrac button apart, soldered wires to the buttons terminals, then used a DEI pulse timer set on a very short timer (4-5 seconds) to short the button for one second and the pulse timer was triggered off of the PTS button.

so when you pressed the PTS button to start the car, after 4ish seconds, the timer would go off and press the button and turn the AdvancedTrac off, but the button itself still worked to turn it back on if pressed, and since the next time the PTS button is pressed it will shut the motor down, it doesnt matter of it tries to turn it back on, cause the PCM will be off and it will ignore the command. also it never gets out of sync since the system revers to being on every time the car is started.

we were going to do the same thing to my brother-in-laws 15 F150 since he turns autostart off every time he gets into the car. but we found out if you get one of the LED light up Ford emblems that go in the trailer receiver and plugs into the trailer connector that deactivates that start/stop BS with out having to mess with the switches.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
To my knowledge there is no way to do it. Like others have said its a liability issue. I have just been accustomed to pressing it as soon as I get in the car. Might not be the answer you want, but its the only option you have.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can program a programmable relay module to push the SPORT button for you on power on. Using a programmable relay module, you can program the relay to deactivate x number of seconds, then activate for y number of seconds, then deactivate for good. If you trigger this programmable relay with the ignition power ON signal and wire the relay across the SPORT switch, then you have accomplished what you're after.

Example product. There are others that might be cheaper as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Newer-Version-Multifunction-Relay-Module/dp/B00VR1F3LC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500181899&sr=8-1&keywords=12v+relay+module+programmable
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:703067

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
That is a real lawyer response.... while I could totally see that argument I still want to find a way to do it. I am not asking the factory or a dealer to do it. by me programming it myself it should be no different then me hitting the button ;)
Well then hack the ECU and do it yourself.

Reactions: nafsucof

·
Registered
163 Posts
are you that lazy that you cant just push the button? why do you need it in sport mode the second you start the car? you gotta give the car time to warm up anyways before you start beating on it, which will take WAY longer than the car engaging sport mode, so i honestly dont understand your want for this....

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
plus, I feel like a rocket pilot during start up with all of the steps...

press clutch in, press start button, release parking brake, press sport mode button, shift car into 1st gear... Captain to base, we are ready for launch!
That's my standard routine.

·
Registered
181 Posts
[sarcasm]Is there a way to have the windows roll down automatically whenever I start the car? I always drive with the windows down. Except in snow and rain of course. There's got to be a way to program the car to do this. I've searched and searched. I can't be tasked with pushing a button each and every time I get in the car.

Also, how about having the car start whenever I get in? I can't believe I have to PUSH A BUTTON to start the car. No "lawyer responses" please...[/sarcasm]

:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
[sarcasm]Is there a way to have the windows roll down automatically whenever I start the car? I always drive with the windows down. Except in snow and rain of course. There's got to be a way to program the car to do this. I've searched and searched. I can't be tasked with pushing a button each and every time I get in the car.

Also, how about having the car start whenever I get in? I can't believe I have to PUSH A BUTTON to start the car. No "lawyer responses" please...[/sarcasm]

:D
[no sarcasm]
Yes you can have the window(s) roll down every time you turn the ignition on. You can program a programmable relay to do the following
1) Wait for the ignition to turn on
2) Wait x number of seconds.
3) Press a switch for y number of seconds (wire the relay output to any switch)
4) Done.

To start the car would be more involve because you would need the clutch to be pressed in and the gear to be in neutral, but it's still doable, but that's a task best left to a human to perform.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an issue where my car will recognize the key and start but will not allow me to turn sports on, or even traction. Any suggestions would help.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I have an issue where my car will recognize the key and start but will not allow me to turn sports on, or even traction. Any suggestions would help.
Do you have another key to try? I wonder if your key is not the master key and it has had certain things locked out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you have another key to try? I wonder if your key is not the master key and it has had certain things locked out?
I, unfortunately, was only given this key when i bought the car so how would i be able to get my key unlocked?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Unfortunately , the only way to disable My Key limits are by using the master/admin key.

If this is the case, a proper scan tool with full access should be able to reset it. Likewise, a dealer should be able to do it, likely for around an hour of labor. With a quick search on the googles, there are videos showing this being done with certian apps. Here is one example...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts