Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
saw this this morning on facebook.
I do agree it's a new Focus, but it looks like a new Mazda 3.

Reactions: FRANK_UNDY

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wow, that is a big change if that's actually a focus. And the gas tank is on the opposite side.

It looks less tough looking but I still like it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The wheels and back end look like a Kia, but the front does look Focus. Overall I think I'll keep my '15 based on looks alone

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Hmm. Really not sure how I feel. I'll wait for more pictures...I would guess they will release more shots soon since this "leaked"

·
Registered
371 Posts
Do not really care for it at this angle

·
Registered
407 Posts
The more I look at it the more I like it actually. I'm not one to see something new and immediately hate it because it's new. If you give it time and digest it, things usually grow on you.

Like I said, a little less tough looking. But it does look more modern, specifically the roof angle and curve. And it looks more aerodynamic which is a good thing for hwy fuel economy.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ugh. Not diggin it. Especially those wheels. It looks like a Mazda 3 to me. And if it comes out with a 3cyl, forget it. I’ll keep updating my 17 for the next 20yrs.

·
Registered
590 Posts
That is not an attractive angle... Maybe more shots will make it look a little better

·
Registered
304 Posts
i may be the only one to think it looks pretty good

·
Registered
463 Posts
Oh, it looks pretty good. As long as they don't screw up the drivetrain, I'd be interested in a new(used) ST when it appears.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Definitely looks less mean looking which I think is strictly due to the front being more round & less flat. That could definitely be an angle thing.

I think the thing that convinces me this is at least a Ford Focus is the way rear lights look over rear wheel well. Plus the rims are very similar to current premium wheels. Then the spoiler looks similar too.

But what are the chances this is just a picture of a new Ford Focus platinum or something?

edit: I guess the spoiler gives away its an ST?

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Haha, “spied.” Surrrrrre. The perfect side angle, the sun hitting the car exactly right, the grill still hidden from view, even the front wheel is turned just right for this pic. You mean they could get this perfect shot but not a single other pic before they were chased away? C’mon.

This is clearly a controlled leak by whatever company Ford is using to market the new Focus.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Haha, “spied.” Surrrrrre. The perfect side angle, the sun hitting the car exactly right, the grill still hidden from view, even the front wheel is turned just right for this pic. You mean they could get this perfect shot but not a single other pic before they were chased away? C’mon.

This is clearly a controlled leak by whatever company Ford is using to market the new Focus.
I'm sure the car was there for a photo shoot and this person flying a drone snuck in and got a spy photo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts