Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys and Gals,

Just wanted to let you know that we finally got our first batch of pistons and rods in for the Ecoboost 2.0L Engine!!! These will work in your Focus ST or Fusion and are a direct replacement for the OEM pistons and rods. We typically order these in very small batches as motors get built so if you would like to purchase a set there is a 3-4 week lead time associated with them. You cant get these anywhere else but through us and we will be running some specials over the upcoming holidays so please contact us for details! We also had custom head/main studs made along with rod/main bearings so that you can put together a complete forged motor. If you have any questions feel free to post up and we will do our best to answer them.

Piston Specs:
- 9.3:1 Compression Ratio (11.0:1 will be available soon)
- Made of 2618 Forged alloy material
- 87.5mm or 88.0mm Bores Available

Rod Specs:
- H-Beam Design
- Forged from 4340 Billet Steel
- Heat treated to increase tensile strength and then shot peened to increase fatigue life
- Comes with ARP2000 rod bolts

They are available from our website here:

SP63 Custom Pistons For Ford Ecoboost 2.0L - SPEED PERF6RMANC3

SP63 Connecting Rods For Ford Ecoboost 2.0L - SPEED PERF6RMANC3

Metal Silver Steel Rim Wheel

Wheel Rim Auto part Automotive wheel system Design

Auto part Automotive engine part Engine Gear

Connecting rod Metal Auto part Tool

Metal Auto part Font Automotive piston Connecting rod

· Registered
2,596 Posts
I smell an engine teardown in my near future. Any ballpark estimate for the availability of the 11:1?

· Registered
3,198 Posts
I'm new to all this stuff, how much would a tear down and install for these cost?

· Registered
2,190 Posts
Great news guys. Are these slightly heavier than our stock rods? Not that it matters much with our relatively low rpm app, but just curious. JP

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I smell an engine teardown in my near future. Any ballpark estimate for the availability of the 11:1?
They should be done in about 4-6 weeks

I'm new to all this stuff, how much would a tear down and install for these cost?
Please send us a PM if your interested in motor build pricing. It will be very similar to what we do for the Mazda's

Great news guys. Are these slightly heavier than our stock rods? Not that it matters much with our relatively low rpm app, but just curious. JP
I will weigh both rods and let you know.

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So forgive my ignorance but why would you want such high compression in a turboed car? While you pick up some bottom isn't the overall number going to suffer at the top? And can we ask who the pistons are made by?
Higher compression = more power but at the expense of increased chance of detonation. With so many people running meth and E85, you dont really have to worry about detonation (with a good tune of course) and you can reap all the benefits of the higher compression. Our pistons are made by Wiseco right now but we will also be introducing Mahle Motorsports as one of our pistons suppliers very soon.

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
has anyone purchased and installed these yet? Any feed back at all?
We have sold one set to a customer overseas but seeing as how they are an identical design to the stock pistons, there should be no driveability changes just tons of room for more power =D. We have a build currently in house that will be getting this as well.

· Registered
84 Posts
What I want to see is a new higher flowing "headifold" so that we can really take advantage of these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· The Mod with a Mouth
9,492 Posts
We have sold one set to a customer overseas but seeing as how they are an identical design to the stock pistons, there should be no driveability changes just tons of room for more power =D. We have a build currently in house that will be getting this as well.
interested in sponsoring a build? :wink:

· Registered
408 Posts
Wiseco is quality.

Reactions: 13 FOCUS ST2

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here are the weights we recorded. Turns out they are lighter then stock :RockOn:

Electronics Technology Electronic device Gadget

Auto part Connecting rod

interested in sponsoring a build? :wink:
Send us a PM :big smile:

Will these pistons work on stock rods?
yes they will but we would not recommend using stock rods due to not knowing their strength. The last thing you want to do is blow a motor your just spend 3k+ building because you cheaped out on rods.

· Registered
2,190 Posts

· Registered
2,190 Posts
I believe the factory rods are forged also.
Yes, of course you're right Fred. Brain Fart. The H-Beam should be stronger, and that usually means a slight weight penalty that can be a significant issue with high revving motors. The fact that neither is the case with our motor is good news. Thanks for correcting the record. JP

Reactions: 13 FOCUS ST2
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.