Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Which Style Fuel System Would You Like To See?

141 - 160 of 197 Posts

· Registered
1,714 Posts
Middle of Dec'14 this all began..
No notes as of yet and talk of pre-orders w/o data. There is considerable planning to do ahead of time before purchasing in the blind. For those on the 55trims or stock this isn't the choice. For those already with the 3071s or larger this will be more beneficial.
W/O the bigger turbo already, this will be a min $5K to get it together on a stock motor and it wouldnt be wise unless it's built and not a daily.
Extremely helpful

Sent from my iPhone using FocusSTorg

· Registered
2,881 Posts
Middle of Dec'14 this all began.. No notes as of yet and talk of pre-orders w/o data. There is considerable planning to do ahead of time before purchasing in the blind. For those on the 55trims or stock this isn't the choice. For those already with the 3071s or larger this will be more beneficial. W/O the bigger turbo already, this will be a min $5K to get it together on a stock motor and it wouldnt be wise unless it's built and not a daily.
...hollywuud again with some super helpful words

· Registered
66 Posts
Why couldn't you use this auxiliary system to run straight e85 on a stock setup? And why do you say it would cost soo much to set up on a stock motor vs implying it can be just bolted on a big turbo car?
The problem with running straight e85 prostreetcav is that you are using the same tank of fuel for BOTH fuel systems (DI/PI) and all I have seen is 3-4 GA of e85 mixed in for those that get better MBTs.
The cost is incorporated with procuring the bigger turbo (bigger than the GTX2867; i.e. 30 Series ATPs or equivalent sizes) + the cost of the system + the tuning of it. That's the whole price. What I didn't include is upgrading the transmission (if it is not already done) or re-keying the crank for the addt'l power + anything else that may be required to support the power to be had from these 4 addt'l port injectors. A facet not even discussed are the internals; because if you're going BIG then go BIG right?
The 2867 power comes on so strong that with torque #'s in the 330s-to whatever already slip pretty good when pressing. That turbo is pretty efficient on Pump Gas tunes, BETTER with WMI and or e85, Race Fuel or mixture of those.
The 30 series size equivalents will spool slower and grab up a little higher and strongly hold the flow band to be had with adding that addt'l fuel.
SpeedPerformance just as Stratified have put in countless energy to produce astounding products that alleviate our fuel limitations, but each individual needs to know their own power goals and purpose of use.

· Registered
541 Posts
Wow.. so i dont need to hold a gas can full of special gas in my lap for this system?

The reason no one uses straight e85 is because of a lack of fueling ... hence my question and point. And I would love to be a solid 300 plus hp on a stock motor and turbo without bothering with mixing fuels or water/meth.

· Registered
66 Posts
Wow.. so i dont need to hold a gas can full of special gas in my lap for this system?

The reason no one uses straight e85 is because of a lack of fueling ... hence my question and point. And I would love to be a solid 300 plus hp on a stock motor and turbo without bothering with mixing fuels or water/meth.
With the 2867 and all necessary bolt ons you will have more than 300whp and Torque on Pump gas. If you were so inclined, you could have 2 seperate tunes: 1 for Pump and 1 with a Race/Pump mix for special events.
I am in no way diswaying anyone from the fueling option.

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Any pics of the pre-production kit not installed?
not yet, we made a few last minute changes such as the meth bungs and some engraving of our logo so once this final piece comes out we will be sure to post up some nice pictures of the entire kit!

The problem with running straight e85 prostreetcav is that you are using the same tank of fuel for BOTH fuel systems (DI/PI) and all I have seen is 3-4 GA of e85 mixed in for those that get better MBTs.
The cost is incorporated with procuring the bigger turbo (bigger than the GTX2867; i.e. 30 Series ATPs or equivalent sizes) + the cost of the system + the tuning of it. That's the whole price. What I didn't include is upgrading the transmission (if it is not already done) or re-keying the crank for the addt'l power + anything else that may be required to support the power to be had from these 4 addt'l port injectors. A facet not even discussed are the internals; because if you're going BIG then go BIG right?
The 2867 power comes on so strong that with torque #'s in the 330s-to whatever already slip pretty good when pressing. That turbo is pretty efficient on Pump Gas tunes, BETTER with WMI and or e85, Race Fuel or mixture of those.
The 30 series size equivalents will spool slower and grab up a little higher and strongly hold the flow band to be had with adding that addt'l fuel.
SpeedPerformance just as Stratified have put in countless energy to produce astounding products that alleviate our fuel limitations, but each individual needs to know their own power goals and purpose of use.

He is actually very correct. You must know what your power goals are before starting any project or mod path and stick with them. This kit isent for everyone but we have seen how hard the mazda platform struggled not having fuel for so long that we decided to make it a priority for the FST guys so that you would only be limited by air and bottom end strength. We of course have the bottom end strength equation figured out so you guys now have the tools to essentially make as much power as your budget can afford.

We're sorry this kit has taken so long to produce but we wanted to make sure every detail was well thought out and that you guys would have no issues with install or tuning. We appreciate your patience and we cant wait to see some of these kits out there in the real world making some power!!!

· Registered
541 Posts
With the 2867 and all necessary bolt ons you will have more than 300whp and Torque on Pump gas. If you were so inclined, you could have 2 seperate tunes: 1 for Pump and 1 with a Race/Pump mix for special events.
I am in no way diswaying anyone from the fueling option.
My car has already put down 283hp and 360 plus ft lbs with many bolt ons on a stock turbo on 93 octane.

· Registered
643 Posts
I am currently running it on a stock block, formerly on stock turbo, now on an EFR 7163. Tuning is very limited right now and I have been working with speed performance of this PI setup since nearly the beginning. We have spend countless hours on the design, line placement, studs, bolts, spacers, connectors etc. speed has been fantastic and really care about their products. Is this for everyone? Absolutely not. Does it allow for greater possibilities on much larger turbo setups? Of course!

This setup is not meant for stock turbos specifically but it can be placed to gain the advantages of both meth and fuel for when and if your ready to make 400+. Keep in mind, power does not just come from a turbo and fuel, if you go that route you better have a plan for all the other necessary supporting mods for that power increase....

Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Adam has been a great resource for us and his setup should make some pretty nice power. Please note that some of the items you see in the picture above will be slightly different from the production kit as Adam decided to add a few extra touches such as the heat sleeving which will not come with the kit.

· Registered
643 Posts
Adam has been a great resource for us and his setup should make some pretty nice power. Please note that some of the items you see in the picture above will be slightly different from the production kit as Adam decided to add a few extra touches such as the heat sleeving which will not come with the kit.
I like shiny things! Lol

Speed performance is an amazing shop and have incredible people working there. All bs aside, they truly have a passion for cars and know what they are doing. I trust them and there quality is bar none.

It took a while to get this all together mainly due to the attention to detail and time taken to make it 100% right. Anyone who purchases this kit or anything else from speed performance will never be disappointed!

Those spacers look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
178 Posts
any updates???

Reactions: jjc034

· Registered
178 Posts
Well I finally got my car back after having the SPEED PERF6RMANC3 Mahle pistons and molnar rods installed by a local shop. Car feels smooth but I am still breaking it in. Now I need to retune before I go wot lol

Reactions: [email protected]
141 - 160 of 197 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.