Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1102 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,061
So I pulled everything off got to the wastegate and said **** t I can't do it I put everything back and reset the Ecu and now I get 26 psi by 3800. Wth. But now the car works
Anytime you flash the ECU, you need to clear the stored fuel trims.

You can do this by removing the ground off the ECU for 30 secs and re-installing.

If not, the long term fuel trims are stored in the ECU from your previous tune and not cleared.

This will speed up the process of the car re-learning for the tuner's changes commanded.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,062
Any of you had a prob with hose off turbo splitting? We are thinking our 2nd hose split..... Happens where the fitting goes through it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I suggest drilling a hole with a drill bit versus making a knife hole, etc.

If you stab it with a knife or box cutter to create a hole, it's more likely to split. Kind of like repairing a crack in a windshield.

If you've ever seen them repair a windshield by filling it, they always drill a circular hole....then patch.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I suggest drilling a hole with a drill bit versus making a knife hole, etc.

If you stab it with a knife or box cutter to create a hole, it's more likely to split. Kind of like repairing a crack in a windshield.

If you've ever seen them repair a windshield by filling it, they always drill a circular hole....then patch.
2nd one, i used a gasket hole punch.. Better fit

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
795 Posts
Progress on our tuning is going well, customer posted this.... Still fine tuning before we go aux fuel. This is just on 93 Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
putting down better numbers then me I got 340 hp and 330 tq

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Im at 341 and 352 tq. Lol just keeping this thread alive. 33k now on the turbo kit. Thanks chris and the rest of the guys at spd by design for all ur help

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Im at 341 and 352 tq. Lol just keeping this thread alive. 33k now on the turbo kit. Thanks chris and the rest of the guys at spd by design for all ur help Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Just on 93 octane?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Working on my 60ft (2.4 eww but I figured out how to slip the clutch) , ET 14.4, 105.xx trap speed , more to come, just changed tired to stickier tires
Willie i missed this u went to the track. You def need atleast drag radials and with that mph u should be low 13s. High 12s. I know i have gone 12.808 and all didnwas dump the clutch

·
Registered
268 Posts
Willie i missed this u went to the track. You def need atleast drag radials and with that mph u should be low 13s. High 12s. I know i have gone 12.808 and all didnwas dump the clutch

Ended up running 13.8 with 2.4 60ft on stock eagle F1s @105.77 , I know what my next upgrade will be for sure. Gonna get drag radials and go back again in September . This winter I'm getting a new suspension setup too and I also don't have my JBR motor mounts installed, I'll try to get the tires and mounts done before next event lol. The mounts have been sitting in my trunk for like 6 months Lolol . I am also probably going to go water meth for the octane boost as I had a few negative corrections (nothing major -1.5, -2.xx) going down the track. The gas here is just pure sheet . I miss PA gas :(

·
Registered
795 Posts
Love the turbo just my spool is the problem I feel like it's building slowly and it's kind of annoying that I might have to pull it and figure it out

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Drag radials lauch at 4500 rpm dump it and watch what she does. Check for boost leaks johnny

·
Registered
795 Posts
Drag radials lauch at 4500 rpm dump it and watch what she does. Check for boost leaks johnny Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
where should I look I one even know how to look for them

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ended up running 13.8 with 2.4 60ft on stock eagle F1s @105.77 , I know what my next upgrade will be for sure. Gonna get drag radials and go back again in September . This winter I'm getting a new suspension setup too and I also don't have my JBR motor mounts installed, I'll try to get the tires and mounts done before next event lol. The mounts have been sitting in my trunk for like 6 months Lolol . I am also probably going to go water meth for the octane boost as I had a few negative corrections (nothing major -1.5, -2.xx) going down the track. The gas here is just pure sheet . I miss PA gas :(
A few weeks ago I went out to Royal Purple Raceway and ran a best of 13.704 @ 106.46, with a 2.301 60' on the Eagle F1's, 93 degree ambient, and running on 24 pounds of boost. I was launching between 3,000 and 3,500 RPM while slipping the clutch just enough to keep the RPMs up. Just about the time the clutch was in full lock up, full boost would hit and break the tires loose through the rest of first gear. Hit second gear and boogie on down the strip without any other drama.

I'd like to find a set of proper drag radials that will fit on the factory 18x8 snow flake wheels.

1061 - 1080 of 1102 Posts