Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a sticky idea? What are some specialty tools or absolute must have tools when working on the FoST? And when are said specialty tools needed?
So far, a good selection of torx
Stretchy belt remover/installer(ac belt)
Vacuum bleeder (clutch/brakes)

·
Registered
101 Posts
So far I haven't done anything to this car that required any specialty tools. There are some things that are easier, such as brake bleeding. If you want to know about specialty tools buy a VW. I hate triple squares and do not wish them upon anyone.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Breaker bar, long socket extension, at least 24 inches, if you plan on doing any modding.

·
Registered
660 Posts
E-Socket set. I honestly did not know what it was until this car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far I haven't done anything to this car that required any specialty tools. There are some things that are easier, such as brake bleeding. If you want to know about specialty tools buy a VW. I hate triple squares and do not wish them upon anyone.
Lol. I was an auto technician for almost 20 years before doing what I do now. I have little Tupper ware containers with different special tools and sockets labeled with the specific job all over my garage.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So far from what I've seen its pretty much the basics and ford's newfound love for torx heads.
I was just curious. It never fails for me to have something torn apart in my driveway and I find out that I needed a t40+ not a standard t40 (yes that's a real thing!) And it's something I can't get from the local businesses, I have to wait for snap on or order it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts