Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now yes we all know that the spec d tails are rice but we also know that there are no options to replace the bland factory tail light. So my question is do you guys think that the all red oem looking spec d taillights could be pulled off or is it just to much?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Now yes we all know that the spec d tails are rice but we also know that there are no options to replace the bland factory tail light. So my question is do you guys think that the all red oem looking spec d taillights could be pulled off or is it just to much?
By far the widest selection of aftermarket gear is on CARiD. Just have a look at what options they offer.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Haven't been on the Forums in a while and was incredibly excited seeing that there were finally aftermarket tail light options for the facelift.

Spec D worried me. Then I quickly did a search and saw them. You are completely right, they are ricey.

There might be a better option later on, but considering the new Focus is around the corner, we might not be so lucky.

For now, I'm going to continue sticking with the OEM tail lights and use the Diode Dynamics XP80 LED tail light bulbs. This will at least get me a more modern, instant-off appearance coupled with a brighter and safer light output compared to OEM bulbs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was just looking myself. I like the idea of going smoked and LED, but I too had question about the Spec-D's. I also couldn't find many pictures of their 14+ lights. The smoked versions seemed to look better than the others because they blocked some of the ugly chrome look, but I'd need to see them in person probably. I was hoping to not do Nite Shades again because I wasn't entirely impressed with how it came out the last time I used it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Those Spec-D lights are way overpriced for the garbage they are. I'd keep an eye out for the OEM LED tails when you can find a good deal. Throw in decent quality LEDs like Diode Dynamics XP80s or V-LEDS V3 Tritons in the brake light section and call it a day.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Those Spec-D lights are way overpriced for the garbage they are. I'd keep an eye out for the OEM LED tails when you can find a good deal. Throw in decent quality LEDs like Diode Dynamics XP80s or V-LEDS V3 Tritons in the brake light section and call it a day.
I did the XP80's and that made all the difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts