Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find this on the forum nor on google, but can the break light be replaced on these? I've had the Spec-D LED tail lights on my car for about 15,000 miles and the back left appears to have burned out. The main center light comes on when I open the trunk and the reverse light works, but the break light has stopped working.

I took it out and figured I could just replace a bulb or something easy, but it doesn't appear that I can and I couldn't find anything on the forum, google, or youtube. Any help, advice, or link to a video/instructions to replace it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
Couldn't find this on the forum nor on google, but can the break light be replaced on these? I've had the Spec-D LED tail lights on my car for about 15,000 miles and the back left appears to have burned out. The main center light comes on when I open the trunk and the reverse light works, but the break light has stopped working.

I took it out and figured I could just replace a bulb or something easy, but it doesn't appear that I can and I couldn't find anything on the forum, google, or youtube. Any help, advice, or link to a video/instructions to replace it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Not easily, as they're individual LED diodes. Unfortunately, these are hit and miss - some have bad diodes, some have bad wiring.

My Spec-D have been going for 2+ years luckily, but occasionally my left blinker will have a diode out randomly and come back on later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not easily, as they're individual LED diodes. Unfortunately, these are hit and miss - some have bad diodes, some have bad wiring.

My Spec-D have been going for 2+ years luckily, but occasionally my left blinker will have a diode out randomly and come back on later.
Damn, well I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Damn, well I appreciate the info.
My passenger side one died earlier this year after owning them for a few years. Their pretty much a useless paper weight now. Probably not what you wanted to hear. I'm sure you can open them up and replace the bad diodes, but throwing the stock ones back in were easier.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My passenger side one died earlier this year after owning them for a few years. Their pretty much a useless paper weight now. Probably not what you wanted to hear. I'm sure you can open them up and replace the bad diodes, but throwing the stock ones back in were easier.
Not what I wanted to hear, but appreciate the honesty and info. I'm not great with electronics, so probably back to stock is the way I'll go. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
As much as I like these tailights I jsut can bring myself to buy them knowing all the issues they have. Really need to get my hands on a set of RS tails.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone with a success story on these damn taillights LoL?. 😅
I was contemplating getting a set 'cause they're nice, but from what i've heard, they suck. (n)

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
654 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where? Finding sets for 500+
I was going to ask this also. I know there is apparently a guy on some facebook group over in the UK that can apparently get them but can't confirm. I have been on the search for these as I think they are one of the better appearance upgrades but $500 is pushing it. It actually surprises me that with all the other cool stuff the ST3 got that they did not get the RS taillights which even came on the Focus electric..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts