Ford Focus ST Forum banner
321 - 340 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
I hate how hard the ST3 is to just replace some speakers. Stupid ****ing Sony system.
Just replacing speakers is easy. Just look for something with high efficiency and low power requirement.
Adding amps and processing can be more work. But getting it right is wow. If you enjoy music and can afford to do it correctly it will make your commute much more tolerable and makes your joyrides rock out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Full stereo integrity setup. M25 tweeters, tm 6.5, i have the version 2 waiting to be installed, 2 bm mkiv 12s, all running off an arc audio 1200.6 tuned by a jbl ms8
I am unfamiliar with Stereo Integrity products. How do they compare for other speakers at that price point? $129.99 seems relatively cheap but they look like a quality build....

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am unfamiliar with Stereo Integrity products. How do they compare for other speakers at that price point? $129.99 seems relatively cheap but they look like a quality build....
m25 THREAD
TM65 review
tm65 mk2
bm mkiv vs jl
bm mkiv review

I posted some info, the company is fairly well known in the SQ world. He shares a building with Jacob at Sundown Audio and designs his own stuff. A smaller company that imo builds great stuff for the cost compared to other big brand car audio stuff. Look at Audio Frog, Higher End Focal, Higher End JL. His mids are very strong in the low end in while maintaining integrity up to around 3k, the tweeters play well down to 2k, and the subs there is nothing like it on the market for the output, power requirements, and space for a shallow sub that plays down into the 20s with some authority, on .5cu and 300w. JL tw13 shallow and illusion carbon 12 would be the only ones id say are close, but require twice the box and more power and double the cost.

The negative, limited supplies as he generally builds to order/preorder, or builds in waves as he is a 1 man operation. He does have medical issues at times which delay products. And sometimes has questionable customer service in some peoples eyes. Basically if you blast him/his company on the internet without consulting him first he will blacklist you and credit your orders. I personally have spoken to him many times and even about stuff he hasn't released yet (new version of his mkiv) and hes always been cool with me, but he doesnt take too much **** from customers.

But im in love with my setup. Its perfect for my tastes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
m25 THREAD
TM65 review
tm65 mk2
bm mkiv vs jl
bm mkiv review

I posted some info, the company is fairly well known in the SQ world. He shares a building with Jacob at Sundown Audio and designs his own stuff. A smaller company that imo builds great stuff for the cost compared to other big brand car audio stuff. Look at Audio Frog, Higher End Focal, Higher End JL. His mids are very strong in the low end in while maintaining integrity up to around 3k, the tweeters play well down to 2k, and the subs there is nothing like it on the market for the output, power requirements, and space for a shallow sub that plays down into the 20s with some authority, on .5cu and 300w. JL tw13 shallow and illusion carbon 12 would be the only ones id say are close, but require twice the box and more power and double the cost.

The negative, limited supplies as he generally builds to order/preorder, or builds in waves as he is a 1 man operation. He does have medical issues at times which delay products. And sometimes has questionable customer service in some peoples eyes. Basically if you blast him/his company on the internet without consulting him first he will blacklist you and credit your orders. I personally have spoken to him many times and even about stuff he hasn't released yet (new version of his mkiv) and hes always been cool with me, but he doesnt take too much **** from customers.

But im in love with my setup. Its perfect for my tastes.
Hey man thanks for the info. I will do some research. To be put into the same convo as AudioFrog or Focal at a price point like that will quickly grab someones attention. Good to know.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
ive been contemplating doing speakers in my car here recently... i have a couple set of hertz energy's ... the set ive considered for the fronts are energy xl's and are like a 7" midbass speaker. Super good depth and mids on these. Just havent made up my mind that I care enough to tear into it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Full disclosure: I'm really not that interested in upgrading my audio - i feel like the stock setup is fine. BUT i have a set of 6.5" coaxial speakers that i bought a long time ago for a car that i don't even have anymore. I'm not gonna be able to get any decent money for them (they're ancient Polk DB650's) so i was thinking about just putting them in my car and looked through this forum for some tips. I read through every post and watched some of the videos that have been linked, but am still confused.

Is the signal coming to the front speakers a full range (or unfiltered, or full-bodied, or whatever the heck the term is) one or not? If i plug it into my coax speakers, will both the woofer and tweeter get signal? Thanks!

·
Registered
473 Posts
The front signal is a full range signal. On the Polk speaker it should have a filter on it to protect the tweeter. Now that might not be the best option running 4 tweeters up front unless you like really bright music

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
The front signal is a full range signal. On the Polk speaker it should have a filter on it to protect the tweeter. Now that might not be the best option running 4 tweeters up front unless you like really bright music

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Ha! good point! So can i disable the factory tweeters? Or is that what the stickied thread about damaging your sound system says to avoid?

321 - 340 of 355 Posts