Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Banned
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please this thread is only for your testimonies, there should be no discussions on this thread. if you want details from an individual, you should PM them. I just want this thread to help inform others of your experiences.

ONLY post here if the only change you made was to replace the speakers.

If you have changed/added aftermarket speakers, amp, and any other goodies, post in this link:
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...l-stereo-upgrade-replacement-testimonies.html

I change just my speakers a while ago. I used the Infinity PR6500CS 6.5" components. After I replaced them I noticed a much fuller range of sound. The highs were more prevalent, the lows were much more clean and it seemed like I got to a lower frequency with them. Overall I felt that it was a good first step towards a better sounding car.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Just installed some Infinity Kappa 60.11cs speakers. Did the front passenger side first. Immediately there was a difference. Then I did the driver's side and damn it's like an upgrade. Did the rears and damn it's like a new system. My one complaint is the new speakers are louder but the stock sub is the same volume, with no way to adjust it.

|||
vvv for this guy, the Sony 10 speaker one.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Upgrading from Sony 10 speaker system

I've just installed new fronts, the rear speakers still stock.
Reference 6500cx - Infinity

Initially I was disappointed as the highs where slightly crisper but still sounded muddy\confused. Then I did the center speaker delete and everything changed. Everything is clear, crisp and tight, I've heard people say the bass is less which is true but it was fake bass before. I find the fronts capable of deeper bass now. I agree with Kirbytimes comment that before it was like laptops speakers with a muddy cheap sub. Now it is like house speakers with full range.

On order is a stealthbox Sub replacement
Car Audio - Stealthbox® - Ford - Focus
Amp
XD700/5 - Car Audio - Amplifiers - XD - JL Audio
and LC7i
http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/17612/748663/OEM-Integration/LC7i----Six-Channel-Line-Output-Converter-with-AccuBASS.html

I'll reply to the full replacement thread when all is installed.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Will just changing the front components drastically change the max output? I have a 10" alpine type R with a pioneer amp that I want to install, but I don't want it to overpower the other speakers. Looking for a lot more volume from the components without breaking the bank, and without an additional amp if possible. The amp I have is a mono sub amp. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will just changing the front components drastically change the max output? I have a 10" alpine type R with a pioneer amp that I want to install, but I don't want it to overpower the other speakers. Looking for a lot more volume from the components without breaking the bank, and without an additional amp if possible. The amp I have is a mono sub amp. Any help is greatly appreciated.
yes it did make quite a bit of max volume difference when I only had the speakers swapped.

·
Registered
59 Posts
yes it did make quite a bit of max volume difference when I only had the speakers swapped.
This also creates more heat in your amp causing premature failure of the FETs. And since our amps are surrounded by foam with a wood lid this is a serious concern. Ever notice how good amp have a thick aluminum side? That is the heat sink specific to the FETs. Think ford designed the tiny fan to really take care of the extra heat?

·
Banned
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This also creates more heat in your amp causing premature failure of the FETs. And since our amps are surrounded by foam with a wood lid this is a serious concern. Ever notice how good amp have a thick aluminum side? That is the heat sink specific to the FETs. Think ford designed the tiny fan to really take care of the extra heat?
it will not fail under 3 ohms.. 99% of amps are good to 2 ohms

1 - 20 of 355 Posts