Ford Focus ST Forum banner

221 - 240 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
25 Posts
People have mixed opinions on this. Your climate/ temp lows is a factor.

Personally, I slap one step colder in everything, lol. I have yet to see any proven issues with doing so.
Maybe I'll look into these Ruthenium plugs. wouldnt hurt only having 70k kilometers on the thing to just put some new ones in and get the KAM reset, one less thing to worry about.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Maybe I'll look into these Ruthenium plugs. wouldnt hurt only having 70k kilometers on the thing to just put some new ones in and get the KAM reset, one less thing to worry about.
I just checked my rutheniums last weekend after 10-12k miles (I forget exactly) and the gaps hadn't budged. Another vote for that as a solid plug.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
751 Posts
@W4R mentioned the NGK Ruthenium HX Spark Plug LTR7BHX plugs, are these the ones you have?
It was out of stock and on back order
I got these instead
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plug LTR7IX-11 SET of 4

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
$8.18 at Rock Auto...only 8 available.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
751 Posts
I was getting other parts from a vendor so I went with what they had.

·
Registered
72 Posts
$8.18 at Rock Auto...only 8 available.
Rock Auto is now OOS. Deal is ded. Now back to the beginning of the thread to find alternates.

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
111 Posts
I picked up a set of 95605's from my local Napa. I'd check them out and see if yours has any. None of the otherocal part stores seemed to carry them.

Only paid about $10 each, so not a bad deal, either. I think auto zone wanted $14 or $15.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I picked up a set of 95605's from my local Napa. I'd check them out and see if yours has any. None of the otherocal part stores seemed to carry them.

Only paid about $10 each, so not a bad deal, either. I think auto zone wanted $14 or $15.
Thanks. This is a good excuse for a Family Trip to the new O’Reilley’s that opened up in town.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Rock Auto is now OOS. Deal is ded. Now back to the beginning of the thread to find alternates.
Well, guess I’m partly to blame. Got an in stock notification from Rock Auto before reading this and ordered a set about 10:00 EST. There were 8 available at that time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ended up getting the 95605’s from Napa for $45 out the door. Gapped at .028”. Stock tune. 2018, 24,600mi. Replaced the stock plugs.

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
111 Posts
My 95605's came out of the box gapped right at 0.029", I think one was closer to 0.030". Checked them all and installed them with no corrections.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The "7" is the one step colder heat range, so if you are tuned, the "6's" may be too hot of a plug

Reactions: Joe R red14st2
221 - 240 of 261 Posts