Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
What kind of clearenc do we need for these and my engine should be honed right?
I think it's .020 over on those. I'm sure Pablo will comment with the correct info.

· Registered
949 Posts
Im thinking of going 4032 now idk wtf to do... Its not gonna be a drag car, just a street reliable monster
I talked with Pablo about a month ago, have done some relatively extensive research, and decided on the 2618s. The ring gap is .015 larger than oem, which I firmly believe is a good thing for this motor, but they're almost guaranteed smoke on a cold start for about 5 seconds before the ring gap closes from heat expansion. I have a couple of good friends (I know that doesn't mean anything here) that have 750awhp WRXs running 2618 pistons, and they're both daily driven. I also drive with an MS3 with 420whp that is running 2618s. They're a great piston, and the right choice for this motor in my opinion.

· Registered
116 Posts
Up to which power you would say it´s kind of "safe" to go with the stock pistons and rods? I read somewhere they would reach their limit at round about 375hp, and are even destroyable with a smaller/medium turbo upgrade. Because of that do you think it should be done with any BT as a must?

· Registered
949 Posts
Up to which power you would say it´s kind of "safe" to go with the stock pistons and rods? I read somewhere they would reach their limit at round about 375hp, and are even destroyable with a smaller/medium turbo upgrade. Because of that do you think it should be done with any BT as a must?
There are literally hundreds of people hovering around 375 on the stock block. The only rod I've heard of being destroyed, other than a couple of hydrolocks, was touching 500whp. We're really just now being able to explore the durability of the block because fueling was a major hurdle at 380.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.