Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANY HELP PLEASE?

Issues when adding a kicker key amp

I have a 2015 MK3.5 ST3 Ford Focus which has a sound Symposer that uses the speakers instead of other ST models /years that use a pipe from the engine to increase engine noise inside the car.

The issue is that i have paid someone to install a kicker Key Amp (small little amp) to boost the SYNC2 volume which it has done successfully but it has also increased the sound of the Symposer and any audible beeps (ie reversing sensors), attached is a image of where the amp has used the speakers leads (the passenger side of the centre console), the installer said this was the place to get the speakers signals from but surely it should be from the back of the SYNC2 module?

any ideas?, and has anyone else installed an amp to boost the car speakers and come across this problem - surely there is a way of increasing the SYNC2 volume using an amp and not increasing the Sound Symposer and other audible sounds from inside the car at the same time.

You can see from the image where he has cut the original speaker leads

Attachments

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
We have a mechanical symposer vs your electronic one.

I’d suggest looking up forscan or focccus apps to find a way to disable this, and im sure it has been done

we also across the pond take the signal closer to the amp in the trunk. Or replace the factory amp with a device from rockford fosgate called the dsr1. Assuming you have the factory sony amp in the trunk. PacAudio makes a similar device too

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
A quick google search finds me this:

There seems to be a link specific to you on a forum I am not a member to

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Mitch, i don't have the premium sound system so i don't have that connector in the boot, i presume its behind the SYNC2 unit, i'll take a look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts