Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't get the point of that thing. Have tempted to delete it out of there to clean up my engine bay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,893 Posts
I don't get the point of that thing. Have tempted to delete it out of there to clean up my engine bay.

Took care of your double post.

The symposer delete is one of the most common of all mods.

I dislike the entire idea of it.

Personal tastes will vary though.

·
Administrator
11,893 Posts
What do you dislike about it, because I was considering it.

Well, I wrench on my ST way too much. So my number one reason is that it gets in the way.

Number two reason, is its some fake sound crap (super technical wording, I know, lol)

third is that there have been a few cases of it becoming a boost/vacuum leak

4th is a moot point, but weight savings.

Finally I wanted a true vacuum source for my BOV.

There was just a thread about this actually. Someone else was contemplating removing it.

I say go for it, and make sure to get a delete with a port in it, just in case you need vacuum later down the line.

Buy once, cry once.

I was hoping that he was against the ideal of the sound symposer itself, not the mod to delete it.
Sorry, poor choice of words.

Hello, I am Duece McCracken, and I ****ing loathe the sound symposer in it's entirety, from design, to parts, to function.

Hopefully that is clear enough, lol.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I don't get the point of that thing.
An stock car without the symposer essentially has zero engine sound in the cabin.

That's why it exists.

If you modify your car, it becomes unnecessary.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Symposer deletes are like 20-30 or you can just unplug it which I'm probably going to do in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Symposer deletes are like 20-30 or you can just unplug it which I'm probably going to do in the next couple of days.
In the 15+ cars it stays open if unplugged.
Pay the $20-25 for a delete kit and never look back.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
haha was gonna say I dont mind the symposer, but now im like **** that im gonna my ass ripped off in this thread.

Doesnt bother me any under the hood & when its working right it sounds/feels better than no noice at all?

Real exhaust >>>>>>(*infinite) symposer anytime of the day though. Dont worry im not that crazy.

·
Registered
395 Posts
An stock car without the symposer essentially has zero engine sound in the cabin.

That's why it exists.

If you modify your car, it becomes unnecessary.
I like the 0 engine noise in cabin without it. Very quiet DD

·
Registered
558 Posts
In the 15+ cars it stays open if unplugged.
Pay the $20-25 for a delete kit and never look back.
If you unplug it with the engine running it is closed. I have a '16 and did that. I wish our stock exhaust was louder but it is louder than say a Lincoln MKC with a 2.3 in it. Mom owns one lol.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Sorry, poor choice of words.

Hello, I am Duece McCracken, and I ****ing loathe the sound symposer in it's entirety, from design, to parts, to function.

Hopefully that is clear enough, lol.
clear as a bell! lol only I looked into your build thread, I knew exactly what you meant

but then that doesn't remove the possibility of it being a point of failure (boost leak)

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Im one of the few that dont mind it. The car is still stock and to take that away would make it the car even quiter than it already is. If I need to move it while wrenching on the car its not a big deal. The downside is if and when this becomes a air leak and causes issues. I cant imagine replacing the seals would be too expensive though-- Im still under warranty but I dont trust anyone touching my SH%%. lol

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I like the 0 engine noise in cabin without it. Very quiet DD
I tried it. If it was an automatic, I'd be fine with it.

I want some sound when I'm shifting.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I feel like I'm sounding "broken record" but isn't it actual induction sound being pumped in the cabin through a hose? That's a hell of a lot better than a BMW M4 playing engine sounds through the STEREO SYSTEM...no matter how good that stereo system is, Harmon Kardon, whatever.

In my VTEC Honda with intake I LOVED the induction noise. If I ever get a Honda with a K20, I'll be making the exhaust quiet, but intake side is getting ITB's, whale-penis PasswordJDM intake, and a tube going from engine bay to cabin pumping even more induction goodness to the cabin.

Reactions: Sbnmatthew
1 - 20 of 44 Posts