Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question is why buy the kit to cover that bolts a plate to the port opening vs just disabling the symposer by disconnecting the power harness to it? What are the benefits to the kit?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Question is why buy the kit to cover that bolts a plate to the port opening vs just disabling the symposer by disconnecting the power harness to it? What are the benefits to the kit?
If you buy a port cover with a vacuum fitting you can run a few systems off of it like BOV and Guardian angel.

Reactions: jam360nml

·
Registered
660 Posts
Also, to clean up the engine bay or to mount an oil catch can at the "stage 1" location.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Will it throw/store a code if I just unplug it?
Nope. Part of the sound symposer delete is to unplug it. Just make sure you use a zip tie to keep out of the way.

·
Registered
233 Posts
While I am leaning to removing mine I was wondering if you could throw a switch on the wiring, so you can just turn it on when you feel like listening to it and vice versa.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeah like why bother with the plate if you can just throw a switch and shut it off?
Just unplug it when the engine is idling. It will stay closed and I think it sounds so much better without it. I have had mine unplugged for months and no CEL.

·
Administrator
11,869 Posts
One point that has not been covered, is the fact that the Symposer Diaphragm has failed on people, leading to an intake manifold/boost leak. Yep, it's a point of failure, hard to tell how common it is because pretty much everyone ditches it, lol.

·
Administrator
11,869 Posts
So unplugging it when it is closed will not prevent a leak?
Nope, removal is necessary. Its not super common, but a symposer delete is cheap, cleans up the engine bay (easier to wrench on), and can give you a vacuum source.

For the money you are getting quite a bit.

Oh and weight savings!!!

;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
its worth the delete alone just to clean up the engine bay a little bit...
My god, so worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Deleted mine after installing my catback system. Nope, don't miss it, and the extra crap removed form the engine bay is nice. Besides, after about 700 miles or so, the symposer started to get annoying sounding (to me that is).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts