Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I heard the frpp tune creates some pops even on stock exhaust, just wondering if a cobb ots tune or custum tune creates more intake and exhaust growl? I know stratified makes a crackles and pops tune, but i was just talking about an overall ramp up of purpose to the overall sound.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I thought I heard the frpp tune creates some pops even on stock exhaust, just wondering if a cobb ots tune or custum tune creates more intake and exhaust growl? I know stratified makes a crackles and pops tune, but i was just talking about an overall ramp up of purpose to the overall sound.
I mean I don't think any of them are drastically different than one another in sound...so I wouldn't base them off of sound if it were me. The medium pops with Stratified sounds amazing to me with my catless downpipe and catback..sounds like the RS but louder I think. Without modifying the exhaust it'll be difficult to get pops.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have a Freektune custom tune with a slot for normal power and a slot for less power that is 2 degrees less timing (as far as I know the timing is the only difference). There is a noticeable difference at WOT with the aggressiveness of the exhaust note. I'm not too sure how to describe it. The higher power tune is more growly I suppose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts