Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just wanted to get a good handle on whos in PA...philly side. Im near KOP and would love to do a meet up around here...I know Duece is in langhorn not to far, but who else is near by?

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
I live 4 hours away from Philadelphia

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm like 30 minutes North of Pittsburgh. I'll be in the area until the middle of June. I'd be interested in meeting up with fellow ST owners though.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I'm like 30 minutes North of Pittsburgh. I'll be in the area until the middle of June. I'd be interested in meeting up with fellow ST owners though.
Where abouts? We have a FB page for our Pittsburgh group FYI. "Steel City ST owners club" if you check us out for future meets.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
hey just wanted to get a good handle on whos in PA...philly side. Im near KOP and would love to do a meet up around here...I know Duece is in langhorn not to far, but who else is near by?
I'm over in the very middle by Raytown Lake. Mount Union/Newton Hamilton, PA.

3 hours from you, 3 hours from Philly, 2 hours from Harrisburg. Middle of nowhere land.

This Saturday you should totally follow Duece over to Harrisburg/Enola to the meetup we are having and drink a brewski or two. :cool:

Actually, you all should!

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I'm over in the very middle by Raytown Lake. Mount Union/Newton Hamilton, PA.

3 hours from you, 3 hours from Philly, 2 hours from Harrisburg. Middle of nowhere land.

This Saturday you should totally follow Duece over to Harrisburg/Enola to the meetup we are having and drink a brewski or two. :cool:

Actually, you all should!
you lucky duck lol. I go to Raystown lake for mt biking and camping a couple times a year, worth the 3 hours drive from pittsburgh lol. If your ever out this way I can point yah on a great brewery tour ;)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
you lucky duck lol. I go to Raystown lake for mt biking and camping a couple times a year, worth the 3 hours drive from pittsburgh lol. If your ever out this way I can point yah on a great brewery tour ;)
Pittsburgh is my favorite city in the country so I commonly find excuses to go out there. I'll be there for the Vans Warped Tour in a few months. As far as camping I too go camping there often, and now that I have the ST and have a street bike we often go up there since it's like 35 minutes to get there and the main loop of road out to the main resort is windy and clear we love to do a little sprint on the bikes through there then hang out at 7 Points by the water. Such a luxury that we take for granted over here, I try to go up and enjoy it a few times a month. Tried mountain biking once last year for the first time, 1- As good as shape as I think I am I was wrong, 2- Walmart bike...that speaks for itself how well it did, 3- Took the wrong trail and it ended up being difficult. Hahaha

Edit: OH, and I'll go ahead and add that I'm a full blown Pittsburgh Sports fan (Other than Pitt University, PSU all day.) so when the Penguins win the Stanley cup here soon I may have to make a trip out. :cool:

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Pittsburgh is my favorite city in the country so I commonly find excuses to go out there. I'll be there for the Vans Warped Tour in a few months. As far as camping I too go camping there often, and now that I have the ST and have a street bike we often go up there since it's like 35 minutes to get there and the main loop of road out to the main resort is windy and clear we love to do a little sprint on the bikes through there then hang out at 7 Points by the water. Such a luxury that we take for granted over here, I try to go up and enjoy it a few times a month. Tried mountain biking once last year for the first time, 1- As good as shape as I think I am I was wrong, 2- Walmart bike...that speaks for itself how well it did, 3- Took the wrong trail and it ended up being difficult. Hahaha

Edit: OH, and I'll go ahead and add that I'm a full blown Pittsburgh Sports fan (Other than Pitt University, PSU all day.) so when the Penguins win the Stanley cup here soon I may have to make a trip out. :cool:
Yeah we had a guy run the Hydro Loop at Raystown on a walmart bike just for the fun of it... the frame split into 2 parts where the headstock is. Those bikes are NOT designed for it at all haha.
I wont mess around with 7 points, that downhill riding is way too advanced for me, i dont like flying through the air 30 foot trying to land on a ramp lol.

If your into the craft beer side of things, hit me up with a PM some time and I can point you to which breweries to stop at while your in pittsburgh the next time.

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Yeah we had a guy run the Hydro Loop at Raystown on a walmart bike just for the fun of it... the frame split into 2 parts where the headstock is. Those bikes are NOT designed for it at all haha.
I wont mess around with 7 points, that downhill riding is way too advanced for me, i dont like flying through the air 30 foot trying to land on a ramp lol.

If your into the craft beer side of things, hit me up with a PM some time and I can point you to which breweries to stop at while your in pittsburgh the next time.
Sounds good man, will do! And they added a skill park last year if you haven't seen it (unless that's what you were just talking about) loads of fun to watch the guys wall ride and jump. I don't have the money to get into it, too many hobbies as it is lol.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sounds good man, will do! And they added a skill park last year if you haven't seen it (unless that's what you were just talking about) loads of fun to watch the guys wall ride and jump. I don't have the money to get into it, too many hobbies as it is lol.
Just gonna chime in and say, Brian you have to come to one of the meets here in pittsburgh. Come over for a cars and coffee meet or one of the Pittsburgh Car Scene meets. Its always a blast.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Just gonna chime in and say, Brian you have to come to one of the meets here in pittsburgh. Come over for a cars and coffee meet or one of the Pittsburgh Car Scene meets. Its always a blast.
Hey with enough of a notice anything is possible even 3 hours away lol. The difference of being 3 hours away is that I can't go to any drinking involved meetups unless I spend money on a hotel :lol:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey with enough of a notice anything is possible even 3 hours away lol. The difference of being 3 hours away is that I can't go to any drinking involved meetups unless I spend money on a hotel :lol:
The season kickoff meet for PCS was last thursday, I'll PM you when the next one gets announced. We have a pretty good crew of STs that usually show up, about a dozen at the last meet.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I'm an hour south of Pittsburgh. Ever go to cars and coffee?
I went to the one before last, was a pretty good turn out for terrible weather, although I did not make it out for the very last one, which was SLAMMED due to great weather lol.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I haven't been, wouldn't mind though. I don't know a soul in this area other than coworkers.
I went to the one before last, was a pretty good turn out for terrible weather, although I did not make it out for the very last one, which was SLAMMED due to great weather lol.
I haven't been to one since last summer. Hopefully ford fixes my transmission and I can get out to some this summer

·
Registered
31 Posts
What if we tailgated for a Pirates game? I always had fun going to those last summer. I can bring the beer, assuming everyone is over 21.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
What if we tailgated for a Pirates game? I always had fun going to those last summer. I can bring the beer, assuming everyone is over 21.
Believe it or not I've never been to a Pirates (Or Steelers ugh...) game despite being a die hard fan. Just never had the money (other than a Penguins game last year). That would be something I'd be interested in even if we were just outside getting inebriated in the parking lot lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts