Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I there anyone else here in Canada ordered the Focus ST ?? That means I am the first owner in Canada?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Does ST come standard with block heater. They should considering the vehicle will be driven on the snow belt area?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'm pretty sure it won't. Block heaters are not really necessary nowadays. Synthetic oils and engine design have taken care of that. I have not plugged-in any of my cars in the last 10 years. The Lancer (2.4L I4) started on the third turn (not the third try, the third complete turn of the first try) of the starter one January night during a cold spell... it was about -35 outside and the car had been sitting there for about half a day. If you let the fluids build up some temp before driving-off, you won't have any problems.

The Outlander has always started right away in any temperature and the Integra also did. Actually, my last car not to start because of the cold was my 1988 Honda Prelude!

So don't waste your money on a block heater and electricity for it... and put your money on a nice SRI instead. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live in Whitby Ontario. My Son is also a member here (pooz) and he has one on order. He has the vin now and it is scheduled to be built the week of Oct 22. He should see it by mid-November.

We are an all Ford family. He is selling his supercharged 08 Mustang and 2012 Fiesta and going to have only the ST. At some point he wants to add back a Shelby to his fleet. I drive an 11 SHO as a DD, my wife drives a Roush F150 and on Sundays we play in my 13 BOSS 302.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'm pretty sure it won't. Block heaters are not really necessary nowadays. Synthetic oils and engine design have taken care of that. I have not plugged-in any of my cars in the last 10 years. The Lancer (2.4L I4) started on the third turn (not the third try, the third complete turn of the first try) of the starter one January night during a cold spell... it was about -35 outside and the car had been sitting there for about half a day. If you let the fluids build up some temp before driving-off, you won't have any problems.

The Outlander has always started right away in any temperature and the Integra also did. Actually, my last car not to start because of the cold was my 1988 Honda Prelude!

So don't waste your money on a block heater and electricity for it... and put your money on a nice SRI instead. ;)
It's hard to say as Ford puts block heaters in most of their Canadian cars. My Mustang has one and I never ordered it. Even my 2008 EVO X MR came with a block heater. I would rather have it than not as even with synthetic oil cold startups at -20C or colder isn't ideal as most wear on engines is at cold startup.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What color / options did he order?

That new Boss looks sweet! They have a couple in stock at my local dealership!

I live in Whitby Ontario. My Son is also a member here (pooz) and he has one on order. He has the vin now and it is scheduled to be built the week of Oct 22. He should see it by mid-November.

We are an all Ford family. He is selling his supercharged 08 Mustang and 2012 Fiesta and going to have only the ST. At some point he wants to add back a Shelby to his fleet. I drive an 11 SHO as a DD, my wife drives a Roush F150 and on Sundays we play in my 13 BOSS 302.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Pending owner here in Burnaby, BC! Got my VIN yesterday. From what my dealer says, expected building commencement date is October 29.

Regards,
Andrew

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ordered my Tux Black ST the first week of October! I have a been given a build date of Nov/Dec but haven't received any other info yet!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just picked up my Oxford White ST on Friday. Traded in my 2012 Focus Titanium. Loving the car!
lol. That's exactly what I did. Haven't even had by '12 Ti a year yet. Couldn't resist. When did you order? I ordered mine the first couple days of October. Can you confirm if you have the HID headlights? My current understanding is that we only get the ST3's in Canada and HID's are our only choice (fine with me!). This is good news if ST3's are already arriving this side of the border.

-Y

·
Registered
13 Posts
ST owner

Are you a Focus ST owner from Canada? Introduce yourself below:
I picked up my ST on Oct12 and now have 1000 km on it. My dealer thought I probably had the first one in Ontario. I ordered it in July. It does come with a block heater, although the cable came
in a package in the trunk.

1 - 20 of 338 Posts
About this Discussion
337 Replies
156 Participants
B.MeUpScottie
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing