Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Roughly a year ago I purchased some ASA Rims from TireRack along with tires and tpms. I was very happy with them until I hit a piece of debris on the road earlier this year and it totally destroyed one of the rims. The damage seems excessive for what was hit, but TireRack was useless in trying to help me and tried to get me to buy a whole new set of rims. They do not carry these rims anymore and I’ve had zero luck trying to locate on one the internet to this point. They are called the ASA GT11 rims in gunmetal (17X7.5 ASA GT11 TI GUNMETL). Any help locating 1 rim would be greatly appreciated! They are my winter set and I’d really like to keep using them if possible. Thanks in advance and much love!

~Brandon

Attachments

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
The damage seems excessive for what was hit, but TireRack was useless in trying to help me and tried to get me to buy a whole new set of rims.
That wheel got that destroyed from something you thought was unsubstantial? If that is not motivating you to find a stronger wheel and to stay away from that brand, i am not sure what is. You are running a 17, aka more side wall than most of us and the wheel still acted that brittle.

I've hit some random things in the road i thought for sure would bend my wheels on a 35 series tire and they are still true.

I see you are running winter tires, is this a winter setup? I would just just find a cheap set to use for winter, maybe even find some stock wheels

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I completely agree but it’s one of those situations where I still have 3 remaining and would rather not dump another grand into winter tires when the other 3 are still perfect. I completely agree that the brand is garbage and that TireRack shouldn’t endorse a terrible brand for the sake of their name, I just want to maintain a matching set while looking after my pocket book.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts