Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, new here
My ST just came to the dealership on Tuesday, I am picking it up Saturday.

They let my take it home on Tuesday as my test drive to inspect it/ wash it,
Drove it about 100kms and couple times I had a hard time getting into 5th gear, some kind of resistance other times it was butter smooth
Anyone experience that before?

·
Registered
388 Posts
hey, new here
My ST just came to the dealership on Tuesday, I am picking it up Saturday.

They let my take it home on Tuesday as my test drive to inspect it/ wash it,
Drove it about 100kms and couple times I had a hard time getting into 5th gear, some kind of resistance other times it was butter smooth
Anyone experience that before?
Every now and then I have noticed that it can be a little wonky getting into fifth and accidentally will shift into 3rd. But it has only happened a handful of times (Only owned mine for a month).

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah the main gears to watch out for are 3rd and 4th, your fine

·
Registered
917 Posts
Replaces the chintzy rubber bushings on the trans. and the base of the shifter to eliminate most of that slop. Cheap and relatively easy install. Here's a link:ALUMINUM SHIFTER BUSHINGS

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Congrats. I have no issues with shifting at over 50k miles on my 2013, but I have aluminum shifter bushings which definitely give a more solid feel. Like Keebs said, it's a cheap fix so why not?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have not had any problems with my 2016. (Changing gears) May I ask why the Mustang had to go?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just traded my Camaro for my ST on Thursday, and while it gets better MPG, the tank is so much smaller than I go through gas so much faster and have to refuel more often. It's going to take some getting used to. At least each fuel up will be cheaper with smaller tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts