Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ford Racing has announced one. Tried to get my dealer to tell me the price but apparently there are not out yet and I read in another post that it should be around feb.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Couldn't agree more. The length of the shift is one of its only weaknesses.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing what CFM and Cobb have to offer. I've used the CFM adjustable shifter in both my Time Attack 02' ZX3 as well as my 03' SVT. Best shifter on the market for those applications IMO.
Cobb makes an excellent product. I'd love to see a double adjustable (throw length/shifter height) option from them for the ST.

·
Super Moderator
10,085 Posts
Steeda is in the final stages of testing/engineering our short throw.

I will keep you all updated to the release date!

Best Regards,

TJ
Is it too soon for that update? I'm a little impatient!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ford Racing has announced one. Tried to get my dealer to tell me the price but apparently there are not out yet and I read in another post that it should be around feb.
Yeah I saw the Ford racing Short throw at PRI (Performance Racing Industries) SVTP has pics of it and some other parts coming out for the ST.

Floor Flooring Machine Technology Games

Vehicle Subcompact car Games

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
After driving muscle car 4spdsost of my adult life the ST has a short through shifter by comparison.
I've never driven a muscle car, but if that is true, then I have no desire to...

I've got the Steeda shifter and bracket. Absolutely amazing. Got it on the shortest setting and it really is what this car needed.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Anytime.

Wait til next week when I pick up more goodies from the US!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've never driven a muscle car, but if that is true, then I have no desire to...

I've got the Steeda shifter and bracket. Absolutely amazing. Got it on the shortest setting and it really is what this car needed.
My Challenger with a Hurst shifter and short stick has shorter throws than my ST with the Steeda kit at it's max reduction. (about 1/2 the length)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just drove my parents Si, and I definitely agree that the ST needs a short shifter...

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have a Hurst Competition Plus shifter, it has shorter throws than the stock shifter. It came with a 7" stick which was uncomfortable to reach for so I have a 15" stick.

The throws are not anywhere near as short as the ST but it is not an issue. I can row them plenty fast.

If you have never driven a muscle car don't short change yourself because you think you the shifter throws are too long. As much as you may think the torque in the ST is good, driving a muscle car with 500 ft-lbs or more of torque will blow your mind.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
We can definitely help you out in getting one ... let me know if I can help assist with an order once you go over and see Line of Control ... (thank you for the feedback).

You can always reach me at tim @ steeda.com if you ever need anything.

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a Hurst Competition Plus shifter, it has shorter throws than the stock shifter. It came with a 7" stick which was uncomfortable to reach for so I have a 15" stick.

The throws are not anywhere near as short as the ST but it is not an issue. I can row them plenty fast.

If you have never driven a muscle car don't short change yourself because you think you the shifter throws are too long. As much as you may think the torque in the ST is good, driving a muscle car with 500 ft-lbs or more of torque will blow your mind.
Agreed, mega torque is an experience any car enthusiast should have.

When it comes to throaty V8s and stump pulling torque the old moniker "there's not replacement for displacement" rings true.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts