Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I heard a strange sound when I raised the hatch, and today I messed around with it to see what it was. It sounds like a loose bolt on the left side going from bottom to top when the hatch is raised. Do you think that this is the notorious loose spoiler bolt?

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Reactions: mininsx

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks! I'm still under warranty but I might do it myself.
I would as well!! For something easy like that there's no sense in having a dealer tech touch it who might not care about your car as much as you do.

Reactions: mininsx

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
A few days ago I heard a strange sound when I raised the hatch, and today I messed around with it to see what it was. It sounds like a loose bolt on the left side going from bottom to top when the hatch is raised. Do you think that this is the notorious loose spoiler bolt?
I had two of the spoiler fasteners come out within a couple of months of my purchase; at least it is very easy to fix.

Reactions: mininsx and elyk864

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This (above) is why I like internet message boards; Good people (usually) helping others through their experience and knowledge. Today I decided to pop off the center cover to see if I could find that loose bolt. It fell out when I took the cover off. The one in the center was tight and the one on the right was loose, so since I didn't have any Loctite I dabbed some touchup paint on the threads on all of them and tightened them up. That was a simple 10 minute job.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
@mango there is an issue going on with the forum affecting images and a bunch of other crap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts