Ford Focus ST Forum banner
161 - 180 of 211 Posts

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
Fun, but highway monster
Yeah...this winter it may get revisited. We'll see how well they all play together for now. I'll get the rev limiter raised to 7200 instead of 6800 and it should be better.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I've got cams and springs for sale, bump that to 8k redline. I also have a ported head...

Really take it to the next level, lol!!

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Soooooo...... whatcha doin with the old 2867......🤔

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,960 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,960 Posts
Na, I just meant the noise, I never got on it being 80 miles from home at midnight, in the rain. In a base map.

Ahhh i see. Lol. I'm surprised theres a difference. I figured either turbo being run open-inlet would be loud. My 96 mustang howls but its set up the same way, just a cone filter slapped on the inlet of the turbo (ill plumb it to a fresh air source eventually).

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Ahhh i see. Lol. I'm surprised theres a difference. I figured either turbo being run open-inlet would be loud. My 96 mustang howls but its set up the same way, just a cone filter slapped on the inlet of the turbo (ill plumb it to a fresh air source eventually).
I did my first datalog today. It sounds much wilder at only 18lbs. Felt good though.

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
I love this build.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Updates I guess. From wherever I left off.

Boost falling off, after turning up the boost and relying more on the 4 bar map sensor, turns out the standalone harness doesn't really like it, so changing the numbers and such just confused it more. Some pulls it would be 29psi peak, the next pull it would be 21psi. Very sporadic. Put the factory 3 bar back in, all the problems went away and it holds boost again.

Went to the JaxWax show Saturday in Columbus, OH and took home a Top 75 trophy. So that was cool.

Car is running good with the new turbo and new loctite on the oil return bolts, did around 580 miles this weekend and didn't skip a beat. We'll keep turning it up.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive air manifold
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Tuesday is dyno day! Guesses on what power it makes? It is a low reading dyno.

JST dyno on the 2867gen1 was 368/383
This dyno showed 324/341.

Built bottom end
3076 gen2
Meth
93 octane.

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
385/400 on this low reporting dyno?

161 - 180 of 211 Posts