Ford Focus ST Forum banner
101 - 120 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
2018 blue metallic
64 Posts
That is great attention to detail. A gold snail for a dipstick handle and an oil filler cap to match is my suggestion for a cherry on top lol.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Ah well... it was a good run. Started it up yesterday out of no where it starts smoking out of the catchcan like a train. Pull the plugs. Ringland. Of course it couldn't be after Ford Nationals.
Gas Auto part Engineering Automotive tire Font

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,609 Posts
Ah well... it was a good run. Started it up yesterday out of no where it starts smoking out of the catchcan like a train. Pull the plugs. Ringland. Of course it couldn't be after Ford Nationals. View attachment 391193

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Ugh, yeah man, I'm in the same boat. Gotta swap a trans or It's my edge sport on the showfield, lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
That's a work of art. :cool:(y)
How's it run?
It ran good till yesterday.
That is great attention to detail. A gold snail for a dipstick handle and an oil filler cap to match is my suggestion for a cherry on top lol.
Eventually the dipstick will change. Not sure on the oil cap yet.
It doesn't, he removed all the wiring harness for aesthetics.

Lol
Also this, all about the angle of the camera.
You win the award for shortest distance from intake filter to turbo on our engine
Yeah...there isn't much inbetween haha

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Ugh!! Man - I really like your car!! You’re going to rebuild, right??

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
So did a compression test...
65 135 135 135

Let the tear down begin... hopefully the cylinder 1 walls are fine. I managed to find a pop and drop kit local instead of just putting a used piston in.

So I'll still be here, I really want to make Ford Nationals. But with break in and tuning, it'll be pushing it. That's the goal. 29 days.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold Hood
Font Luggage and bags Material property Eyewear Bag

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
28 days to rebuild and tune. Oil pan looked really nice, no chunks or anything. Cylinder walls appear to look normal.

What better time than now to put in the BSD I've had for 2ish years. Was meant to be I guess.

Only thing left to remove are timing related components and it'll be ready to get crazy.

Tick tock tick tock.
Liquid Bottle Automotive tire Fluid Personal care
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Machine Nut
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Car Vehicle Hood

101 - 120 of 174 Posts