Ford Focus ST Forum banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
What kinda power is she making?
It certainly is unique. I am always amazed at what people do with cas, and unexpected cars at that. Nice Work!

Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
What kinda power is she making?
It certainly is unique. I am always amazed at what people do with cas, and unexpected cars at that. Nice Work!
Thanks! Big turbo on 93 it was 368/383. I haven't been back on a dyno since I added the 4 port meth. But similar builds show I should be over 400/400.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Turbo return line bolts backed off and made a mess...then one thing led to another. It's a terrible habit to keep changing things, but this time it'll be complete. Fingers crossed.
20210320_190649.jpg
20210320_190658.jpg
20210320_225452.jpg
20210321_105820.jpg

·
3,082 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Painting with the engine in the bay is one of my favorite things to do....touching up some places now that the blemishes aren't hidden behind something else.

Had my first go at powdercoating. Was a little thin in some spots but should do the job.

Also threw some heat at my clamps to match the ones on the manifold. It's It's little things to make it all come together.
20210325_191526.jpg
20210325_160317.jpg
20210325_160259.jpg
20210325_095425.jpg

·
Administrator
11,542 Posts
Painting with the engine in the bay is one of my favorite things to do....touching up some places now that the blemishes aren't hidden behind something else.

Had my first go at powdercoating. Was a little thin in some spots but should do the job.

Also threw some heat at my clamps to match the ones on the manifold. It's It's little things to make it all come together. View attachment 389632 View attachment 389633 View attachment 389634 View attachment 389635

Nice! I was just thinking about your build, and your excellent wire management.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
So updates. Paint is cured and I was able to wetsand and polish both sides of the bay to remove the dry spray and dirt particles. Smooth as glass now. Very pleased.

I touched up the nicks on the motor mounts, sanded and resprayed those as well. Still keeping the Tuxedo Black theme.

The coolant line is polished and installed, with the Chase Bays Filler Neck, it has built in threads for temp sensors, so my water temp gauge will finally work after 3 years of just lighting up.

Here is where things get different. Because I removed the wrap and am having everything coated. A decision was made to give the clamps not exposed to heat a "heat treatment". This way they could all match. Hence the bronze look instead of shiny stainless. To match the V-bands on the EWG, turbo, and Downpipe

The bolts you see will replace the stud bolts for the valve cover, little more "show appearance".

That should tie it all in together nicely. The symposer delete was also upgraded to a 3/8" port to help account for the brake booster going to the vacuum block now. Went from a straight fitting to a 90 off the symposer to help hide it ans run it below the radiator and across.

It's the little things many people won't appreciate, but those who know what they are looking at will see the touches that set it apart.

I called the shop doing the coatings and I'll have the parts back by the weekend.

Lastly, finally attached the euro plate. Because it's a Fake ST after all. Stay tuned.
20210330_203036.jpg
20210330_203101.jpg
20210330_203135.jpg
20210329_215132.jpg
IMG_20210329_182737_404.jpg

·
3,082 Posts
The attention to detail Is staggering.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Love me a good rattle can paint job. Will it match the turbo? Find out when I find out. I think it will be too light...but it may work out.
20210401_113851.jpg

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Ran into some issues, but all squared away now.

First forgot the fire ring for the wastegate. Then Then wastegate was stuck open I believe causing the car to not build any boost.

Brakes are working fine without the vacuum pump, so that gets to stay off now.

No oil leaks, no coolant leaks. Feels and sounds healthy while looking much better.

Win win, now to tidy up before the meet this weekend.
20210404_175404.jpg

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
I miss the kryptek...

Looking amazing as usual. Probably the highest quality build on here, and its not even a MK3, lmfao
A lot of people didn't like it for some reason, but it didn't go with the color scheme this time around sadly.

Couple things to finish up the details.

All visible worm clamps/hose clamps were put under the torch to change color to match the V-Bands. Same with the new bolts on the valve cover, went with a button Allen head style for low profile. No need for the long studs.

Mountune vacuum pump works great, eliminated a lot of clunkiness in the bay. The brake booster is now ran to the Vacuum Block with a UPR 100psi check valve to prevent boost from entering.

Coolant reservoir was removed and replaced with a Chase Bays raised filler neck that works flawlessly. Welded directly to the new aluminum water outlet block custom made by WOR Fabrication.

Damond Catch Can was installed under the passenger headlight along with a PCV plate. Black Braided stainless lines for both of those.

Finally ditched the stock cold side for a cp-E charge pipe, let it all breath a little easier.

Gotta order some heat wrap for various hoses and it'll be ready for the year from a performance standpoint.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts