Ford Focus ST Forum banner
381 - 393 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,085 Posts
I miss my '04 ZTS.
Yeah, I bought a 2000 Focus ZX3 5sp manual brand new, for when I sold for Wurth, then six months later they gave me an Escape as a company car!
I had people asking if my Focus was one of those new electric or hybrid cars all the time.
It was a great car

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,124 Posts

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
So I'm thinking Falken RT615+ in a 215/45. Should give me some good traction and last a little while.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Sticking to the svt size? Dont think a 225 will fit with how low the offset is or even a 235.40? The 8" rim is begging for you to fit some meatier tires (lol says the guy that ran 205's on that wheel :p )

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
Sticking to the svt size? Dont think a 225 will fit with how low the offset is or even a 235.40? The 8" rim is begging for you to fit some meatier tires (lol says the guy that ran 205's on that wheel )
My Comps are the exact same size and offset as the Forgelines. I get rubbing already with those on a 215-45 tire. So I'm scared to go bigger and really mess something up without raising my ride height.

I dont have any real traction issues either.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #391 ·
So I decided I'm just an all season kind of guy and like tire longevity. That's said.

I went with BFgoodrich g-force comp 2's. 215/45-17. Should show up next week sometime. Valve stems should show up and then off to get mounted.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,901 Posts
So I really really liked those tires at first. tons of traction, stiff sidewall and we're responsive handling. Not sure the mileage. But after a year they were down to 5/32 and the traction was garbage. Push through corner and burnout city.

YMMV

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #393 ·
So I really really liked those tires at first. tons of traction, stiff sidewall and we're responsive handling. Not sure the mileage. But after a year they were down to 5/32 and the traction was garbage. Push through corner and burnout city.

YMMV
I'm hoping mine don't go down the same route. Glad to hear initial impressions were good though.

381 - 393 of 393 Posts