Ford Focus ST Forum banner
361 - 380 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Honey, I shrunk the fridge. Bought used, didn't work and realized I didn't need full size.

Sedan progress is stagnant. Still need to get the water out and put coolant in.... temps drop this coming weekend.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Furniture Table Wood Wood stain Waste container
Dog Table Building Picture frame Carnivore

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #366 ·
Oh, purdy... I cant wait to see them mounted! What tires are you going with?

The best 4x108 wheels ever imo but you know I'm biased:
View attachment 411519
I'm not sure yet, they've seen some hard times. I'm going to need to bring them somewhere to get sanded and polished to get up to my standards. Capaldi Racing has 3 sets of these as well I found out. So 4 sets total from my math.

Probably going to throw a 215-45 tire on it and call it a day maybe a 40 series, we'll see. That's a ways away.

I really am tempted to get back into a zetec with itb's. Just not done with having fun at 450whp. Lifestyle changes I guess you could call it.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I'm not sure yet, they've seen some hard times. I'm going to need to bring them somewhere to get sanded and polished to get up to my standards. Capaldi Racing has 3 sets of these as well I found out. So 4 sets total from my math.

Probably going to throw a 215-45 tire on it and call it a day maybe a 40 series, we'll see. That's a ways away.

I really am tempted to get back into a zetec with itb's. Just not done with having fun at 450whp. Lifestyle changes I guess you could call it.

Just find a second one for the zetec build, you got the space for all the cars 😉

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
Well. After cleaning I realized the wheels were rough...lot of pitting and stains. Soooooo, we started sanding. Ended up having to go to 800 in a couple spots and then back up to 3000. Hopefully cut and buff tomorrow before finishing the other 3 to know if I need to change anything.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Tread
Automotive tire Tread Hubcap Synthetic rubber Wheel
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Synthetic rubber
Wheel Automotive tire Light Synthetic rubber Tread
Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Hubcap

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Love how they shine up. Are you polishing by hand or have you got a power ball/cone? They really help get the job done faster. I polished them with standard mother's polish and I'd maintain with some mother's billet polish, seemed to bring out the most shine. That's the good thing about wheels like this, can always be brought back to great shape with lot sofnelbow grease
1st one turned out good. View attachment 411606

Lol I contemplated polishing the inside barrels too but never got around to it

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #371 ·
Love how they shine up. Are you polishing by hand or have you got a power ball/cone? They really help get the job done faster. I polished them with standard mother's polish and I'd maintain with some mother's billet polish, seemed to bring out the most shine. That's the good thing about wheels like this, can always be brought back to great shape with lot sofnelbow grease

Lol I contemplated polishing the inside barrels too but never got around to it
I dont think I'll do a full polish on the inside but maybe a brushed finish. Clean it up either way.
.I bought some polishing wheels and compound from harbor freight that seem to do alright. Just throw it in the drill and let er rip.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #374 ·
Maybe, after polishing is done, a clear coat will preserve the shiny finish. Or a clear powder coat. Otherwise, you will be a wheel slave trying to keep it shiny.
I had to choose between a full polish or a clearcoat finish.

If I chose to clearcoat I would've stopped sanding at 1500, if you go any more than that there isn't anything for the clear to grab onto. Plus I'd have to do multiple layers for strength. But if it chips then I'd have to sand it all down again and restart.

The full polish should hold its own as it will stay maintained with a couple layers of wax on them.

There will probably be a ceramic coat to go on them just to try and help. We'll see how crazy I decide to go.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Maybe, after polishing is done, a clear coat will preserve the shiny finish. Or a clear powder coat. Otherwise, you will be a wheel slave trying to keep it shiny.
The down side about clearing over the polished finished is it will never be as lustrous as freshly polished. You will lose depth and reflectiveness of them. Definitely great from a sanity and work involved standpoint but I wouldnt. I thought about a few times over the years I had them but then seeing how they looked after I repolished/cleaned them up always made me decide against it.

I am not sure how many miles jeff does in his focus these days but i dont think its his daily, so keeping them looking fresh shouldnt be an issue. (y)

Oh btw @SPIinDisguise I started looking at some itb zetec videos lol. Yeah an easy revving 200hp itb car sounds great, you should pair it with a stripped out shell for all the weight savings and have a proper lightweight racer.

Or you know, build something crazy like a catherham lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #378 ·
I've used that stuff with great success in the past when I've had white wheels on the car. It worked very well for me which is what I'll use again.

The down side about clearing over the polished finished is it will never be as lustrous as freshly polished. You will lose depth and reflectiveness of them. Definitely great from a sanity and work involved standpoint but I wouldnt. I thought about a few times over the years I had them but then seeing how they looked after I repolished/cleaned them up always made me decide against it.

I am not sure how many miles jeff does in his focus these days but i dont think its his daily, so keeping them looking fresh shouldnt be an issue. (y)

Oh btw @SPIinDisguise I started looking at some itb zetec videos lol. Yeah an easy revving 200hp itb car sounds great, you should pair it with a stripped out shell for all the weight savings and have a proper lightweight racer.

Or you know, build something crazy like a catherham lol
Lot of good points in this reply. It's not been the daily for quite some time. The focus gets about 5-7k a year put on it. An inside parking spot also.

When I'm done with the whole making dumb power in a chassis that shouldn't have dumb power I'm going back to zetec with ITB's. I want a nice reliable fun cruiser.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,901 Posts

When I'm done with the whole making dumb power in a chassis that shouldn't have dumb power I'm going back to zetec with ITB's. I want a nice reliable fun cruiser.
I hope you never get to that point with this car. I feel it would detract from the cool factor.

What about just switching to a pump gas lower boost tune??

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #380 ·
I hope you never get to that point with this car. I feel it would detract from the cool factor.

What about just switching to a pump gas lower boost tune??
I'm still on pump gas. I have a 93 tune and 93 meth tune. The aux fuel is hooked up, I just haven't swapped the pump in the tank so it can take e85.

The Sedan mainly just gets cruised around. Doesn't see much above 6000rpm and 23psi.

361 - 380 of 393 Posts