Ford Focus ST Forum banner
181 - 200 of 211 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,960 Posts
Dang... I'm hoping for 475 on a normal dyno, 435 on this one is my goal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
As far as i knew, the head and cams were stock, right? I was thinking like 430 on a normal dyno, but I'm not an expert on high hp builds on this platform.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
The Sedan has made it to the dyno and made it back home in 1 piece.

The redline was the 2867 earlier this year.
The street tune was 378/340.
Fine tuning on the dyno brought it to 451/388

2.0 ecoboost
Built bottom end
4 port meth
3076 gen2
93 octane.

Couple notes...

-Ford hard coded the standalone harness to only rev to 6800rpm. So that's a huge limiting factor with the bigger turbo. Which is why the chart stops where it does...

-if I would have brought the 4 bar map sensor with me we could have bumped it up to 480whp-490whp. Live and learn, will probably go back.

-with the power coming on so late and not being able to use it due to the rpm limit I may go to a .63ar exhaust housing. Get the spool sooner and more usable power.

Other than that I'm quite pleased with 451whp on pump gas and meth. It's so smooth and still grabs 3rd through 5th gear on a 215-45 tire.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle
Slope Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,960 Posts
Thats screaming. Its a shame about the 6800rpm rev limit, but that exhaust housing should definitely fatten up that curve midrange. Looking forward to seeing that difference.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Thats screaming. Its a shame about the 6800rpm rev limit, but that exhaust housing should definitely fatten up that curve midrange. Looking forward to seeing that difference.
Yeah...I'm still happy with how it all went. Logs looked fantastic, everything is super happy, nothing broke. It pulls fantastic.

We shall see what happens. I might buy it now.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
That's a bummer about the rpm limit but great numbers. Yeah if I couldn't rev out and make more up top I'd try for more mid too...as long as you can keep traction; shifting the power band left could free the tires easier👍

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
That's a bummer about the rpm limit but great numbers. Yeah if I couldn't rev out and make more up top I'd try for more mid too...as long as you can keep traction; shifting the power band left could free the tires easier
Yeah, the car is happy, I'm happy with how it drives. I feel like the dyno doesn't describe how it feels actually driving it.
time for a haltech????? :sneaky:
I cant afford that :hammerchase:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Yeah, the car is happy, I'm happy with how it drives. I feel like the dyno doesn't describe how it feels actually driving it.
Lol just remind the rest of us your car weighs under 2700lbs. The rest of us are an easy 500lbs heavier. Can't imagine how much harder the car pulls and how much more nimble it is.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Well, ill be shipping the .64 housing back. It's a bit longer than the .83 housing and doesn't allow the wastegate to meet up where it's supposed to. Would be too much work to make it all flow together. Oh well.

Enjoy the pictures. Gonna go cry while I pay for return shipping and 15% restocking fee.
Hand Light Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exhaust
Automotive tire Gas Rim Composite material Automotive wheel system
Gas Font Metal Composite material Auto part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Bumper Gas

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
Man, that bums me out.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Man, that bums me out.
Yeah..

-Finding a machine shop to open up the turbo side .100" to make it accept the vband on the downpipe.

-hacking 1/2" minimum off the downpipe to move it all forward so the wastegate can fit properly. But fuel lines and connectors are in the way if we take any more off.

-have to put spacers under the turbo mount because it sits higher now (not a big deal).

Oh well. Life goes on, there is a glimmer that Cobb will add some tables to allow for rpm adjustment. Time will tell. Just enjoy it for what it is.

181 - 200 of 211 Posts