Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the use of the Bluetooth obd scanner and torque pro it raises slot of questions since it has a plethora of information regarding your car. Perhaps ignorance is bliss but hearing about the horror stories of LSPI and the wiring harness you can't ignore playing detective. Looking at data logs I see engine knock but only 1 time on 3 trips out of ten. And misfiring it happens every trip but nothing more than 15 on cylinder 2 and 10 on cylinder 3 and a couple on 1 and 4. Am I making myself nuts worrying about insignificant readings? And another thing, why does the boost/ vac. measurement at idle read negative 10? This is all info using apps connected to the obd scanner via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
why does the boost/ vac. measurement at idle read negative 10?
I would think that makes sense... at idle, there is no boost being made(so no positive numbers) and the throttle blade should be (mostly) closed but the engine is still sucking air in so there should be a vacuum behind the throttle blade.

the boost gauge on the dash only shows boost, unlike an aftermarket gauge that shows both boost and vac.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts