Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huge thanks to @TS13FST for selling me all of his old parts!

Just due to the position of the rail I'm going to guess that I'm going to get much better fuel atomization from this setup (although I know the Mountune Intake hasn't been flow tested over stock).

So I've got the rail and injectors on, and I'm waiting for a MAPTap since I can't use my Sound Symposer Delete for my HKS on this manufold...

Anyways, I'm curious about the actual fuel feed lines and how they're setup from Mountune on this rail.

This rail is capped at one side, whilst my current Radium Engineering Aux setup runs in a loop. What are the advantages/disadvantages of this?

My Mountune setup is 50lb injectors to pair with my ATP GTX 2867 Gen 2 .64 A/R turbo. From what I've read this should be more than enough to run a safe ~400hp E85 tune, I'm just worried about fuel starvation if the pressure isn't high enough without a full fuel line loop. Or should I not be concerned and just send it

Also, where should I be looking to get fuel lines, or should I make them myself using fuel line and AN fittings?

Thanks for all of your insights

Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,714 Posts
Huge thanks to @TS13FST for selling me all of his old parts!

Just due to the position of the rail I'm going to guess that I'm going to get much better fuel atomization from this setup (although I know the Mountune Intake hasn't been flow tested over stock).

So I've got the rail and injectors on, and I'm waiting for a MAPTap since I can't use my Sound Symposer Delete for my HKS on this manufold...

Anyways, I'm curious about the actual fuel feed lines and how they're setup from Mountune on this rail.

This rail is capped at one side, whilst my current Radium Engineering Aux setup runs in a loop. What are the advantages/disadvantages of this?

My Mountune setup is 50lb injectors to pair with my ATP GTX 2867 Gen 2 .64 A/R turbo. From what I've read this should be more than enough to run a safe ~400hp E85 tune, I'm just worried about fuel starvation if the pressure isn't high enough without a full fuel line loop. Or should I not be concerned and just send it

Also, where should I be looking to get fuel lines, or should I make them myself using fuel line and AN fittings?

Thanks for all of your insights

Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk

AN fittings, fuel injector clamps.

Gives you the fittings and hose sizing to get to the OEM fittings.

I like the recirc in/out rail feed, versus the T tapping single feed style. Would get E into the rail faster, but thats only a concern if you map switch alot.

Full E85 around 400whp, the lpfp should support this. I'm not 100 percent, havnt researched full E85, cause E30 is doing me just fine, lol.

·
Administrator
12,714 Posts
Well, idk if its really going to be that advantageous over the radium, or other kits. Especially at the low hp levels you are running.

Pushing it harder would have it shine, if it does, lol.

Isnt there a 1/8npt port on the drivers side off the manifold for a vac source you can use on the hks? Just whip a barb into it.

·
Registered
95 Posts

AN fittings, fuel injector clamps.

Gives you the fittings and hose sizing to get to the OEM fittings.

I like the recirc in/out rail feed, versus the T tapping single feed style. Would get E into the rail faster, but thats only a concern if you map switch alot.

Full E85 around 400whp, the lpfp should support this. I'm not 100 percent, havnt researched full E85, cause E30 is doing me just fine, lol.
Just going to quietly tuck those away for myself later..

·
Administrator
12,714 Posts
Just going to quietly tuck those away for myself later..
Lol, you should see how many threads I follow for the same reason. I think i have like 13 pages in my follow list.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright -- sorry I was out of town for a few days. I just read all of those posts and watched your videos @Deuce. I guess I'm just lost about what fittings I should be using to tap before the HPFP fuel pump to run the loop.

I'd rather not run the T-Tap method that goes after the HPFP since it's not the "right" way to do it.

Sorry for the stupid questions 🙃

·
Administrator
12,714 Posts
Alright -- sorry I was out of town for a few days. I just read all of those posts and watched your videos @Deuce. I guess I'm just lost about what fittings I should be using to tap before the HPFP fuel pump to run the loop.

I'd rather not run the T-Tap method that goes after the HPFP since it's not the "right" way to do it.

Sorry for the stupid questions 🙃
We have 5/16" fuel lines at the HPFP. SO you'll need to adapt from that 5/16" to , 3/8" barb with a 90 degree swivel fitting. Then run that line to the fuel rail, swivel 30 degree-ish barb end and whatever size male threaded end to get into your fuel rail.

Then off the passenger side of the rail, you want a 180 degree fitting, that is 3/8" barbed on one end, and whatever male threading you need to get into the rail. This will get your fuel line parallel to the fuel rail, you are running this line up to the HPFP, and will need another barb to 5/16" fuel line , which will be a 90 degree fitting, swivel preferred.

I have a link in the aux fuel thread for the badass fuel line. 3/8" line used.

·
Administrator
12,714 Posts
Ohh, the mountune rail has an AN fitting on the drivers side already, SO you'd need a female to thread onto that, with probably a 45 degree bend, then 3/8" barb.

You'll want to get a male AN /whatever thread pitch size the rail is, replace the plug on the passenger side with that fitting, then run an AN 180 degree to 3/8"barb fitting.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ohh, the mountune rail has an AN fitting on the drivers side already, SO you'd need a female to thread onto that, with probably a 45 degree bend, then 3/8" barb.

You'll want to get a male AN /whatever thread pitch size the rail is, replace the plug on the passenger side with that fitting, then run an AN 180 degree to 3/8"barb fitting.
Probably the 3rd or 4th or 15th time I’ve seen you help someone with AN fittings, including me. You should have some special signature tag that says you’re the AN god, I’d vote for that.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So my phone was stolen and I completely forgot about this thread... Oops.

So I got the an threaded fitting for the other side of the aux rail. The ends of my fuel lines are 6AN female. Can anyone point me to exactly what I need to adapt those to for tapping into stock fuel system?

Also I was curious about the insulation on your lines @Deuce. You're the only one I've seen insulate their fuel lines.

Anywho, thanks for helping me out.

·
Administrator
12,714 Posts
So my phone was stolen and I completely forgot about this thread... Oops.

So I got the an threaded fitting for the other side of the aux rail. The ends of my fuel lines are 6AN female. Can anyone point me to exactly what I need to adapt those to for tapping into stock fuel system?

Also I was curious about the insulation on your lines @Deuce. You're the only one I've seen insulate their fuel lines.

Anywho, thanks for helping me out.

View attachment 392667

View attachment 392668

View attachment 392669

View attachment 392671

Oh geez, I was wondering wtf was going on wit chu meng.

I insulated to keep the engine heat off my fuel. Hardly necessary, but I did it.

You'll need to go from the fuel line, to the AN. Which will be a 90 degree at the fuel line behind the hpfp.

To hook up to the hpfp, you need another quick fuel connect to the fuel nip on the hpfp, then get to an again.

This is the standard fuel line quick disconnect to AN straight. This wont help you, but variations of it are what you want.

You should comb through the links I provided, to verify fuel line diameter at both the hpfp and fuel hard line. Its either 3/8" for one, 5/16" for the other, or both are the same size. I forget, lol

·
Administrator
12,714 Posts
Factory lines are 5/16" . The 3/8" i bought was for the ethanol gauge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts