Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed Osram's LEDDriving XENARC Headlights today and they look awesome! Only issue I have is the Left turn signal is hyper flashing when the car is running but not when the car is off if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be sweet, thanks in advance

Heres a pic of my car for attention :)

EDIT: Installed resistor and problem has gone away, if you are having that issue go to autozone and buy a resistor.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Traditionally, hyperflashing of turn signals is due to someone installing a heavy duty bulb rather than a standard bulb. Whether or not that applies to an ST, I have no idea.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Traditionally, hyperflashing of turn signals is due to someone installing a heavy duty bulb rather than a standard bulb. Whether or not that applies to an ST, I have no idea.
that would make sense but its just strange that its only the one side instead of both, I will try installing factory turn signal bulbs and see where that gets me.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
3,056 Posts
What's the trim level of you ST?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the trim level of you ST?
ST3, I know OSRAM says not for these models but theres a video of a guy on youtube installing these on an st3 and after talking to him he says his are working fine which makes me believe its something on my end,

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
3,056 Posts

Switch the assemblies with one another. If the problem continues on that side then you could potentially have electrical noise between the headlamp and the BCM.

If it follows the original lamp then you have an issue with that bulb or assembly.

Are these Switch back LED's?

Reactions: SN95Dude

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 389822 View attachment 389823 View attachment 389824

Switch the assemblies with one another. If the problem continues on that side then you could potentially have electrical noise between the headlamp and the BCM.

If it follows the original lamp then you have an issue with that bulb or assembly.

Are these Switch back LED's?
The blinker light is a switchback heres a link to them if that helps: LEDriving XENARC headlight for Ford Focus 3 | OSRAM Automotive

I wont be able to switch them over because the ground to the battery, and the fuze line to the fuze box are not long enough to reach their respective locations, im going to try installing the OEM headlight tomorrow, to see if i messed something up in the plug, if that turns out ok i will pull the blinker bulb from the OEM headlamp and put them in the OSRAM light to see what that does for me. Thank you for all your help!

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
on a side note those headlights look sick!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
on a side note those headlights look sick!
Thanks! They were not cheap haha.

Does anyone happen to know if I added a resistor to the turn signals if that would maybe fix it? and if i wanted to do that what size resistor would I need, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Friedsteak thread refresh :) I thinking about adding those headlights to my FF ST3. Did you resolved problems with hyperflashing ?
haha no actually I've tried a new battery, and using FORscan to change the headlight type, and still they hyperflash. What would probably work is a resistor although, I'm not comfortable with wiring and reading wiring diagrams, so I haven't done it yet but its honestly not the biggest deal in the world and I am almost positive that if I put a resistor in, it wouldn't hyper flash anymore.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had the exact same hyper flashing on the left side as well. Just installed a load resistor in parallel on wires pinned in 7 & 8. Cured the issue. Easy 10 minute job.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had the exact same hyper flashing on the left side as well. Just installed a load resistor in parallel on wires pinned in 7 & 8. Cured the issue. Easy 10 minute job.
could you send me a picture of what this looks like? Excuse the ignorance but im not sure what "in parallel" means

·
Registered
137 Posts
Here's a website with pretty pics for you. I soldered and heat shrunk them instead of the cheap Scotch locks. But this will work and is what you need to do.

Reactions: Friedsteak

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,943 Posts
What resistance did you use? What wattage rating?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts